Cost for taxi SDQ > Boca Chica????

Apr 8, 2005
:bunny:

Greetings

I'm headed to the Dominican Bay Resort. What's the going taxi rate from the airport??

Appreciate!

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
If you book ahead of time, www.dominicantaxi.com, their rate is $25. There will be a guy at Las Americas holding a sign with your name and they are always very reliable. Good luck!

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
drloca said:
If you book ahead of time, www.dominicantaxi.com, their rate is $25. There will be a guy at Las Americas holding a sign with your name and they are always very reliable. Good luck!
That's a little pricey. Why pay $25 when you can grab any of the taxis at the airport and they charge only $18-$20 to Boca Chica?

Last edited:

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
drloca said:

Since the price is US$18, $7 is a lot for a sign. pay the $18. Too bad you picked the Dominican bay though. Nowhere near any water.

ricktoronto

Jan 9, 2002
rellosk said:
That's a little pricey. Why pay $25 when you can grab any of the taxis at the airport and they charge only $18-$20 to Boca Chica?

Hey - there is a SIGN, man, can't you read? It's a SIGN! Woo hoo! A SIGN!

Apr 8, 2005
Thanks for the information. Can't wait to go
I LOVE the Dominican Bay Resort...located a lovely private walkway away from the main beach at Boca Chica. The beach here is far superior to the Hamaca.
i don't spend much time within the resort walls. Too much to do and see outside!!!

i will suggest the airport greeting service to friends arriving a day earlier than me...it's their first visit & would certainly appreciate the help getting through the SDQ delirium ;0

thanks again all

ricktoronto

Jan 9, 2002
sankofatravler said:
i will suggest the airport greeting service to friends arriving a day earlier than me...it's their first visit & would certainly appreciate the help getting through the SDQ delirium ;0

thanks again all

If they are newbies and incapable of any Spanish and/or finding a cab that is 10 feet in front of them then this is a good idea for the 50% surcharge over the going rate.