Things are changing

Golfer

Apr 7, 2002
The midwest used to be a dead zone for traveling to the DR but for the last year I have paid no more than $199 RT non-stop out of ORD and MKE. Now Funjet has a $199 price for all of May out of ORD. Yes, these are charters and most go to PUJ but not having to change planes and the lack of any customs checks in Puna Cana more than make up for any inconvienences.

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
Golfer said:
The midwest used to be a dead zone for traveling to the DR but for the last year I have paid no more than $199 RT non-stop out of ORD and MKE. Now Funjet has a $199 price for all of May out of ORD. Yes, these are charters and most go to PUJ but not having to change planes and the lack of any customs checks in Puna Cana more than make up for any inconvienences.
$199 is an incredible price, considering the taxes for a round trip ticket are about $110.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Usually charter airlines with Fun in their name aren't fun to sit in for any length of time.

Jun 5, 2004
ricktoronto said:
Usually charter airlines with Fun in their name aren't fun to sit in for any length of time.
Thats true but you never know this might be something new and different.

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
Golfer said:
..Now Funjet has a $199 price for all of May out of ORD...
Where did you get the $199 (RT ord-puj) price from? The prices on their website are much higher. More than double!

Golfer

Apr 7, 2002
Here's how to find the fare

Go to the Funjet website, click on "Hot Deals", choose Chicago-O'Hare as your departure city, and scroll down to Punta Cana "air only".
The fares do not include taxes and you must decline travel insurance and transfers and so forth. You must remember that these flights are not east coast short hops out of NY or NJ but a four hour flight to the east side of the DR and I think they are a wonderful bargain. They have a movie and serve a decent snack. Apple Vacations runs charters out of ORD also. If you keep checking you will find many $99 RT offerings to PUJ.

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
Golfer said:
Go to the Funjet website, click on "Hot Deals", choose Chicago-O'Hare as your departure city, and scroll down to Punta Cana "air only".
The fares do not include taxes and you must decline travel insurance and transfers and so forth. You must remember that these flights are not east coast short hops out of NY or NJ but a four hour flight to the east side of the DR and I think they are a wonderful bargain. They have a movie and serve a decent snack. Apple Vacations runs charters out of ORD also. If you keep checking you will find many $99 RT offerings to PUJ.
I tried that and it keeps coming up $399 round trip plus $116 in taxes.

Golfer

Apr 7, 2002
It comes up $199 for me. Call your travel agent, these are not internet specials.