Who will be the next Miss DR?

Jun 5, 2004
True all of them are very ugly but nothing to compare to the current one. the top five i guess will be pto rico NY Hato Mayor Cotui Santo Domingo Oeste and Espalliat only because i belong to the province. Santiago is not that ugly but will not go anywhere. Santiago Rodriguez may have a chance. These woman look like if they were married and have children already to me. Distrito Nacional, San Pedro De Macoris PLEASE STAY HOME.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Picky Picky

I think the following are cute:

YANMERI A?IL - San Francisco de Macor?s

ELIZABETH THOMAS (doesn't sound too Dominican)- Santiago Rodr?guez

NATASHA ROMERO - Santo Domingo Oeste

ELIZABETH RONDON - Dajab?n

Jun 5, 2004
Wondering Will SuperCanal Caribe transmit the event to the DR community in NY? They did it last year will it happen this year ?

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
apdomini100max said:
True all of them are very ugly but nothing to compare to the current one. the top five i guess will be pto rico NY Hato Mayor Cotui Santo Domingo Oeste and Espalliat only because i belong to the province. Santiago is not that ugly but will not go anywhere. Santiago Rodriguez may have a chance. These woman look like if they were married and have children already to me. Distrito Nacional, San Pedro De Macoris PLEASE STAY HOME.
they look like they came out of a FRANKENSTEIN Lab special

juancarlos

Bronze
Sep 28, 2003
The ones I find to have a better chance are:

Genevet Gutierrez- Samana
Elizabeth Thomas- Santiago Rodriguez
Renata So?e- Distrito Nacional
Diana Henriquez- Comunidad de NY.

It's really hard to tell because we only see their faces. No clues as to how tall they are or the shape of their bodies. Let alone how they talk or conduct themselves and even less about their intellectual abilities, all of which, I think, are taken into consideration when choosing a lady to represent a country in an international pageant.

It is certainly true that this year's selection is not as beatiful or as glamorous as in years past. But, as they say, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. The girls this year do seem to be more average looking, for the DR, than in the past.

There are also a good number of non traditional- strange, weird?- first names among the candidates.

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
apdomini100max said:
Mr. DR do u have ur top five ?
Yes, but they were all used in the movie "Gorillas In The Mist''
lol...just joking..

Here are my t5

RENATA SO?E
Dto Nacional

Marisol Tineo
Moca

Massiel Javier
Rio San Juan

GENEVET GUTIERREZ
Samana

KENIA LUNA
San Cristobal

La Vega may as well stay home on that day.

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
Anna Coniglio said:
Picky Picky

I think the following are cute:

YANMERI A?IL - San Francisco de Macor?s

ELIZABETH THOMAS (doesn't sound too Dominican)- Santiago Rodr?guez

NATASHA ROMERO - Santo Domingo Oeste

ELIZABETH RONDON - Dajab?n

Wow Anna,

Good thing that you are not a match maker.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Mr_DR said:
Wow Anna,

Good thing that you are not a match maker.

Good thing God gave us all different taste or some of you errrrrr some of us would never have a date. :laugh:

BTW Mr_DR when are you posting your picture in the media galery? ;)

Guatiao

El Leon de los Cacicazgos
Mar 27, 2004
My Favorites

In no order of importance:

1. Comunidad Dominicana en Estados Unidos: Diana Henriquez
2. Samana: Genevet Gutierrez
3. Distrito Nacional: Renata Sone
4. Valverde: Jeidy Batista
5. Moca: Marisol Tineo

Other People's Favorites (Not Mine):
I just don't find these girls all that attractive but some say that will be in the top five: Hato Mayor: Amell Santana & Dajabon: Elizabeth Rondon.

The best Dominican that should have been in the competition best isn't :cry: :
Miss Yadira Geara Cury, damn she is fine!!! She came in 2nd or 3rd last year but her team has really done a great job. Did I mention she is hot!!!

Peace,
Capo

PS: For those of you that want to see Miss Dominican Republic candidates and other Dominican Models go to this page http://www.digimax55.com/foto_studio2.htm and click the links great fotos.

Last edited:

NY1

Feb 26, 2002
In no particular order:

New York
Puerto Rico'
Hato Mayor
Samana
San Francisco
Valverde

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
Anna Coniglio said:
Good thing God gave us all different taste or some of you errrrrr some of us would never have a date. :laugh:

BTW Mr_DR when are you posting your picture in the media galery? ;)
Anna, I know where you are getting at

But I will advance you that my pet monkey picks up more date than me
and I really don't claim to be good looking.
I usually just sit back, enjoy the showw and critique a little...Lol

My pet monke is learning how to take pics. so i will post one when he is ready.

juancarlos

Bronze
Sep 28, 2003
Renata So??- Distrito Nacional- was chosen to represent the Dominican Republic. I am glad she was among the ones I had chosen.

Genevet Gutierrez and Diana Henriquez were also among the finalist. That is three out of the four I thought would have a chance, did.

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
juancarlos said:
Renata So??- Distrito Nacional- was chosen to represent the Dominican Republic. I am glad she was among the ones I had chosen.

Genevet Gutierrez and Diana Henriquez were also among the finalist. That is three out of the four I thought would have a chance, did.
Yep, she was my number one pick.

Guatiao

El Leon de los Cacicazgos
Mar 27, 2004
Miss Dominican Republic 2005: Renata So?e, Districto Nacional
Primera Finalista: Amell Santana, Hato Mayor
Segunda Finalista: Genevet Gutierrez, Samana
Tercera Finalista: (Tie) Melany Batista, Nagua & Diana Henriquez, Comunidad de NY

I think they made a good choice with Renata So?e, but I would have like to see Diana Henriquez take 1st finalist and Genevet Gutierrez 2nd finalist rounding out with Amell Santana.

irishdomician

Aug 15, 2004
Agreed

Mr_DR said:
I don't Know why bother wasting money in such event when all the candidates are all uglier than sin....Santiago leading the pack.
Even my pet monkey with a wig and some make up would put all these girls to shame.
MR DR

http://www.ip.com.do/missrd/index.html

I bet I could find better looking candidates than that myself just walking down the street in Santo Domingo or even in NY or where ever. It's just like most "Super Models" these days, they are skin and bones and hideous. The real beauties are not the ones that spend their whole lives trying to prove that they are beautiful, but those hotties that work in the clothing stores and malls and such. Thats my 2 centavos anyway.