DR male wins World Best male model contest in Spain

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I protest the fact that he has too many cloths on! Why is it that women pose with almost nada on but men are shown fully clothed?

I ask you why why? :eek:

:laugh:

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
Anna Coniglio said:
I protest the fact that he has too many cloths on! Why is it that women pose with almost nada on but men are shown fully clothed?

I ask you why why? :eek:

:laugh:
It's because watching women is much more pleasing to both genders than just watching a man......and nothing on is just the way we like it. Lol

FuegoAzul21

Jun 28, 2004
Womens bodies are know to be works of art and symbols of beauty.Mens bodies do not fit that role .They ve been made to be things of utility and endurance , like tools .Hence women are encouraged to show more skin

deelt

Bronze
Mar 23, 2004
Yeah, right. That is what we call world renown sculptures like Michelangelo's "David." Tools of utility and endurance...

http://www.lorenzini.com/jlorenzi/david.html

FuegoAzul21 said:
Womens bodies are know to be works of art and symbols of beauty.Mens bodies do not fit that role .They ve been made to be things of utility and endurance , like tools .Hence women are encouraged to show more skin

deelt

Bronze
Mar 23, 2004
Neither your question or the persistent sexual degredation and victimization of women are the point of this thread.

Last time I checked this thread it was about a fully dressed (???) Dominican male who won a modeling constest. It would make sense (to me) to see some skin.

Mr_DR said:
I agree it is a world renown sculpture, but tell me who would you rather see kissing?

Nov 5, 2004
Hmmm..he's not bad looking at all! deffinatly doesn't hurt the eyes!..not that I was looking that closely...*ahem*

But I have seen many much better looking Dominican men....like my husband for example!!! :D:D:D

Not that my opinion would be at all biased or anything... ;)

But good for him..and I have noticed..all though it's not fair..in contests like this it always seems more tacky when the guys are wearing less clothes for some reason. But in these contests girls are expected to wear less. Good thing there aren't any double standards in the media or anything!! :)

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
deelt said:
Neither your question or the persistent sexual degredation and victimization of women are the point of this thread.

Last time I checked this thread it was about a fully dressed (???) Dominican male who won a modeling constest. It would make sense (to me) to see some skin.
The thread diverted as to what would be more pleasing
and the majority agree that many of us do not want to see any male showing some skin.

By the way, did you see the entire show to know that they didn't show any skin?
But I understand your point though, because if it was a female model I would want to see some skin as well.

deelt

Bronze
Mar 23, 2004
It is more like YOU are attempting to divert the thread.
As for who "the majority" is, is debatable.

Mr_DR said:
The thread diverted as to what would be more pleasing
and the majority agree that many of us do not want to see any male showing some skin.

I did not mean to suggest any vulgar type of disrobing...which leads to tacky presentation. At least to me, it just a disappointment to find an unsculptured individual that just has a pretty boy face. Eye candy is always fun.

PeachezNcream84 said:
But good for him..and I have noticed..all though it's not fair..in contests like this it always seems more tacky when the guys are wearing less clothes for some reason.

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
PeachezNcream84 said:
Hmmm..he's not bad looking at all! deffinatly doesn't hurt the eyes!..not that I was looking that closely...*ahem*

But I have seen many much better looking Dominican men....like my husband for example!!! :D:D:D

Not that my opinion would be at all biased or anything... ;)

But good for him..and I have noticed..all though it's not fair..in contests like this it always seems more tacky when the guys are wearing less clothes for some reason. But in these contests girls are expected to wear less. Good thing there aren't any double standards in the media or anything!! :)
Are you kidding me? please tell me that you are joking.

This guy is as ugly as sin.
I don't even know how he got picked.

Your husband cuter? Lol
peachez, you must really be blindly in love...your husband is uglier than sin, IMO

Nov 5, 2004
Mr_DR said:
Are you kidding me? please tell me that you are joking.

This guy is as ugly as sin.
I don't even know how he got picked.

Your husband cuter? Lol
peachez, you must really be blindly in love...your husband is uglier than sin, IMO

HAHAHAHAHA

you really are a comedian aren't you...

Although you seem to think everyone is uglier then sin...saw you write that about all the Miss DR contestants too.You must have very different taste in looks, really high standards...and maybe some new glasses or new perscription drugs...it may help! ;)

That's alright everyone is entitled to their own opinions...

And since we are giving out our opinions so honestly here....IMO your probably alot uglier then sin inside and out!! :D:D:D

Last edited:

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
Excuse me...

I really didn't even want to post on this thread, because when I looked at the picture of this 'model' it really didn't do anything for me...

He doesn't even look like a Dominican...Yeah, yeah...I know what you're gonna say...but really, why do they always pick the whitest specimen...male and female...for these contests...The majority of Dominicans are black...that is a fact...AND THERE ARE A LOT THAT ARE REALLY BEAUTIFUL!!!

Heck, I think that even my boyfriend is MUCH cuter than this guy...and he has an awesome body to boot!!!

Maybe when he comes to the states I'll register him with a modeling agency, and that way he can work, make tons of money and then we'll just move back to DR to enjoy it all!!!

Is that a plan, or what???? No, I don't want to exploit him...but if this man can win a modelling contest...so can Tony!!! ;)

MQ

Don Juan

Living Brain Donor
Dec 5, 2003
say what?!?!

MusicQueen,what you mean he does not look like a Dominican...what is a Dominican male supposed to look like?
as it is in many diversely cultured nations,you have people of many races and colors.You can't say he/she must be of this or that race in order to qualify as a member of such nation.
Its understood many of us are of mixed ancestry, but to say anyone has to fit an idyllic norm is just not right. :tired:

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
Musicqueen said:

He doesn't even look like a Dominican...Yeah, yeah...I know what you're gonna say...but really, why do they always pick the whitest specimen...male and female...for these contests...The majority of Dominicans are black...that is a fact...AND THERE ARE A LOT THAT ARE REALLY BEAUTIFUL!!!

Heck, I think that even my boyfriend is MUCH cuter than this guy...and he has an awesome body to boot!!!

Maybe when he comes to the states I'll register him with a modeling agency, and that way he can work, make tons of money and then we'll just move back to DR to enjoy it all!!!

Is that a plan, or what???? No, I don't want to exploit him...but if this man can win a modelling contest...so can Tony!!! ;)

MQ
Yep, you will say something like that, specially since I can see the areas you hang.

I agree that this guy is ugly but your sankie would not be anymore appealing to the world. Just remember that not the whole world is sankie lover as you are. And it's not like they will be able to charm any judges into the dance floor to the tune of bachata.

Modelling is a business and they will always choose the participant that would be most appealing to the whole world, unless it is a very talented, and oustanding high class negrita.

Honestly, I think you may have a better chance winning the lottery than your sankie coming up wiht the money to enter one of these contests, and even if he is able to make it in, he would not make it through the first round.

You forget who runs the country? and who is high class in the DR society.
so that you can have a good idea, you should check the social pages of these online newspaper and tell me how many dominicans you see that are blacks on these high society meetings and events. http://www.sosua.com/

You wont see too many black dominicans in these contests because they are not free to enter and they require lots of money in preparation and training. Do you know how much it cost in the US to have a nice portfolio? and do you know how much in travels a person spends on "cattle calls? It is much more harder for a girl in DR and if she is black and poor, chances are very slim.

Plus I have seen your boy friend and he is as ugly as sin.

Last edited:

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
Great way to start my day!!!

This seems to be your favorite phrase Mr. DR...

'Plus I have seen your boy friend and he is as ugly as sin'

I would love to see a picture of you, is there one in the gallery? Since you call yourself Mr. DR...how many modelling contests have you won? :bandit:

Don't forget I work in the entertainment industry...I know exactly what models go through to get to these contests...If the producers like you, you don't need a dime...I have seen too many people get 'in' just on looks and what they put out...male and female...

I've produced beauty contests for TV...unfortunately only for girls, and I'm not into that....but the Executive Producers were...and we sure knew from the beginning who the 'winner' would be...even if she wasn't the prettiest or the most talented...Come on, give me a break!

Like Ken said in another thread, you are a 'suck' puppet!!! :eek:

And not that I have to defend my boyfriend, but if you read my posts on how me met, you would know that he is not a sankie, has never been and will never be...He's passed HB's 3 golden rules to qualify as a boyfriend!!! ;)

To Don Juan...I know what you mean that "many Dominicans are of mixed ancestry" but why is it that mostly white Dominicans win beauty contests?

I have dated a white Dominican lawyer here in the US, and he is REALLY handsome, but you can't deny the fact that MOST Dominicans have beautiful dark skin, with gorgeous facial features and awesome bodies, but you never see them win the contests...

http://www.ip.com.do/missrd/index.html

Only ONE girl in here has dark complexion....Miss Santo Domingo Norte...

See what I mean?

I love the DR...but you can't deny the discrimination that exists in the country.

Anyway, I had a good laugh this morning with Mr. DR... :laugh:

Thanks!

MQ

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
Musicqueen said:
This seems to be your favorite phrase Mr. DR...

'Plus I have seen your boy friend and he is as ugly as sin'

I would love to see a picture of you, is there one in the gallery? Since you call yourself Mr. DR...how many modelling contests have you won? :bandit:

Don't forget I work in the entertainment industry...I know exactly what models go through to get to these contests...If the producers like you, you don't need a dime...I have seen too many people get 'in' just on looks and what they put out...male and female...

I've produced beauty contests for TV...unfortunately only for girls, and I'm not into that....but the Executive Producers were...and we sure knew from the beginning who the 'winner' would be...even if she wasn't the prettiest or the most talented...Come on, give me a break!

Like Ken said in another thread, you are a 'suck' puppet!!! :eek:

And not that I have to defend my boyfriend, but if you read my posts on how me met, you would know that he is not a sankie, has never been and will never be...He's passed HB's 3 golden rules to qualify as a boyfriend!!! ;)

To Don Juan...I know what you mean that "many Dominicans are of mixed ancestry" but why is it that mostly white Dominicans win beauty contests?

I have dated a white Dominican lawyer here in the US, and he is REALLY handsome, but you can't deny the fact that MOST Dominicans have beautiful dark skin, with gorgeous facial features and awesome bodies, but you never see them win the contests...

http://www.ip.com.do/missrd/index.html

Only ONE girl in here has dark complexion....Miss Santo Domingo Norte...

See what I mean?

I love the DR...but you can't deny the discrimination that exists in the country.

Anyway, I had a good laugh this morning with Mr. DR... :laugh:

Thanks!

MQ
MQ, pleaase stop inhaling all that carbon monaxide in Miami because it is making you high.

You may know how to host these contests for the media but it is evident that you are not familiar with all the costs involved. Do you think that this is just about having a pretty face and the rest is easy?

Do you think that building a portfolio, the clothes, accessories, Hair costs, make up, training and transportation is all free?
Just look at how much Miss La Vega spent just to show her face in the contest. She spent over $36,000 USD in preparation, and if she would've followed my advise on post #8 She would've avoid all the embarassing drama.
Now tell me, how many Sankies/Sankiettes do you know that would be able to come up with that kind of money? I know that you "Sankie Lovers" are very generous with your gorillas/monkeys but I dont think that y'all are that naive to let a sankie charm his way into your bank accounts that deep.

I am glad that I made you laugh but I think that you and K might be the true suck puppets here.

And if you read my posts, I have never claim that I look good because I do admit that I have broken my share of mirrors.

I have nothing against sankies/sankiettes and all that I am trying to tell you is that the models that you see representing DR are mainly reprensenting DR's high class societies which 95% of the time are light skin.

Unlike baseball players that do not spend one penny in their recruitments,
a poor Miss DR wanabe do not have the same luck and when they think they got lucky by getting discovered, they just find themselves working in Germany's Red Light District as prostitutes.

I still think you are sexy though.

Last edited:

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
Musicqueen said:

MQ
[/QUOTE

I know that discrimation is alive and well in the DR and that should give you a clue on who is always going to be chosen to represent the country.
Do you know who was Miss DR before Amelia Vega?