Drive from Sirenis Cocotal to Ocean World

csa

Apr 13, 2005
We plan on staying at the Sirenis Cocotal on the Uvero Alto-Macao beach in the Hig?ey region for a few days and my wife wants to drive (or use a shuttle) to go to the sea lion encounter at Ocean World. Can anybody tell me about how long of a drive this is? Is there a shuttle or bus service available? Any ideas or information would be very greatly appreciated.

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
From Higuey

csa said:
We plan on staying at the Sirenis Cocotal on the Uvero Alto-Macao beach in the Hig?ey region for a few days and my wife wants to drive (or use a shuttle) to go to the sea lion encounter at Ocean World. Can anybody tell me about how long of a drive this is? Is there a shuttle or bus service available? Any ideas or information would be very greatly appreciated.

to Cofresi, where Ocean World is located, is about a 7 to 8 hour drive. There is bus service from Higuey to Santo Domingo. You would then need a cab to the Caribe tours station for the bus to Puerto Plata, which will pass by Cofresi on the way. By public transportation, this would be an all-day trip, which would require spending at least 1 night in the Cofresi area to go to Ocean World. Then by the time you got your "money's worth" at the park, it would probably be too late to start the journey back. There may be a packaged excursion which would get you there and back quicker. If there is, the hotel staff will know. Trying to do this from where you are staying is a "stretch" to say the least. I believe there is a dolphin experience of some sort much closer, in Punta Cana, but the reports here describe it as "lame" when compared to Ocean World. If it were me, I'd leave the sea lions for a future vacation, on the North Coast.

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
Contact the Thompson's Rep (British Tour Operator)

in your hotel.

There is an excursion where they fly you PUJ - POP - PUJ and spend the day at Ocean World. Depending on the exact Ocean World package chosen it starts at about $200US per person, I believe. The flight is about 40 minutes plus the bus to PUJ is around 45 - 60 min. approx. Once in POP the bus to OW is around 30 - 40 min. depending on traffic.

Good luck

Gregg