Santo Domingo Hilton

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
They have moved their opening date a few times in the past 18 months.
I'll see if I can find out how "fixed" this new date is.

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
Robert said:
They have moved their opening date a few times in the past 18 months.
I'll see if I can find out how "fixed" this new date is.
The Hilton website has been saying "presently accepting reservations for May 21, 2005 and beyond." for quite sometime.

krissiebee

Mar 21, 2005
I'm going to be attending an international conference there from May 29-June 4, so they'd better be open by then! :D

krissiebee

Mar 21, 2005
Grrrr.

Just got word this afternoon that the Hilton will not be open by the first week of June.

A bit of a nightmare for the conference organizers!

Kristina

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
quelle surprise...

Hope they manage to find an alternative venue for the conference, krissiebee.

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
krissiebee said:
Just got word this afternoon that the Hilton will not be open by the first week of June.

A bit of a nightmare for the conference organizers!

Kristina
Ouch!

The Hilton website now says "presently accepting reservations for June 15, 2005 and beyond." Robert was right about the moving date. I was hoping to stay there at the end of May :eek:

krissiebee

Mar 21, 2005
Chirimoya said:
quelle surprise...

Hope they manage to find an alternative venue for the conference, krissiebee.

The email we got today said they're trying to move it to the Intercontinental. I'd think it'd be too short notice, as they'd already filled 120 rooms at the Hilton and reserved overflow rooms for more attendees at the Hispaniola--not to mention reserved ballrooms and meeting rooms at the Hilton for sessions, panels, and receptions--but I guess they'll manage somehow.

I'm just kind of afraid we'll end up hiking up and down the Malecon every day to get to panels at various venues! :eek: