Hippo getting away with it???

samiam

Bronze
Mar 5, 2003
Yesterday's press was speculating about Hippo's showdown with the local Attorney General. It was to be the showdown at the OK corral between the PPH and the PLD. I was smelling blood and so were most of the people I talked to yesterday. Finally some light, some measure of justice was on the horizon..........Then, I woke up today to realize I was living in the DR. And things here are never what they seem. TOdays press....After a 3 hour meeting with Leonel, attorney General postpones Hippo interview. Are people here nuts?? What was that all about??Are they waiting to get juicier stuff on Hippo or are they afraid to go thru with it because Quirino supposedly donated more money to the PLD campaign than to the PRD?? And hippo got evidence of moneys forwarded to Francisco Javier Castillo, now minister of industry and then Leonel campaign manager???
Are they waiting to get juicier stuff on Hippo's multi million dollar mountain retreat or are they afraid of what he has to say about the origin of the funds for Leonel's Global Foundation??
Now I am reminded again that in the DR things are never what they seem, everything turns ugly, there is no black and white...just brown and even roses smell like sh!t!!!

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
The Fiscal of SD said that since they went public on citation, he got a torrent of extra info which he needs to sift. I find that hard to believe, since all the key players appear to have known for at least a month that Mejia would be cited.
On the other hand, maybe they're waiting for Mejia's TV interview on Monday morning to see if he gets annoyed & says enough to condemn himself through own foot in mouth style that is frequently displayed!

-Greg-

Apr 7, 2005
samiam said:
Yesterday's press was speculating about Hippo's showdown with the local Attorney General. It was to be the showdown at the OK corral between the PPH and the PLD. I was smelling blood and so were most of the people I talked to yesterday. Finally some light, some measure of justice was on the horizon..........Then, I woke up today to realize I was living in the DR. And things here are never what they seem. TOdays press....After a 3 hour meeting with Leonel, attorney General postpones Hippo interview. Are people here nuts?? What was that all about??Are they waiting to get juicier stuff on Hippo or are they afraid to go thru with it because Quirino supposedly donated more money to the PLD campaign than to the PRD?? And hippo got evidence of moneys forwarded to Francisco Javier Castillo, now minister of industry and then Leonel campaign manager???
Are they waiting to get juicier stuff on Hippo's multi million dollar mountain retreat or are they afraid of what he has to say about the origin of the funds for Leonel's Global Foundation??
Now I am reminded again that in the DR things are never what they seem, everything turns ugly, there is no black and white...just brown and even roses smell like sh!t!!!

Well, you said it, it's the DR and everything's brown. Politics are way to dirty, and politicians way too slick as to not have a "backup plan", and Quirino's not stupid either, I don't doubt that the PLD recieved bribes as well as the PRD, though I can't guess who got more money of the two. As for Hippo, he might suck at managing a nation, but he is no idiot, had he been asked to squeak, he would've spit all out.

Guatiao

El Leon de los Cacicazgos
Mar 27, 2004
The US

Does anybody believe if the US finds undoubtable facts that Hippo is a drug trafficer or at least bent rules for them, they'll ask for his extradiction? or subpoenaed him?

Texas Bill

Silver
Feb 11, 2003
www.texasbill.com
Well, Capo--- you mightwant to review recent history- Ref--Panama

capodominicano said:
Does anybody believe if the US finds undoubtable facts that Hippo is a drug trafficer or at least bent rules for them, they'll ask for his extradiction? or subpoenaed him?

Before you sling rotten tomatoes!

If I recall correctly, Sr.(EX-President[ El Jefe]) Noriega is now serving hard time in a Federal 'institution' for just such activities.

if it turn out that a case can be proven against El Hippo, you can bet your shirt the US will pursue it to the limit!

Nuf said!!

Texas Bill

hrjager

Oct 8, 2004
drug business

hello Americanos, what is the fuss about sending drugs to your country. there is a big demand. millions need it. your country send arms to other countries and bomb other countries. so people send drugs to your country. is good.
Rosa Schenkel.

quejeyoke

Jun 20, 2004
we all know that Hipo is not spending 1 day in DR jail for obvious reasons. Therefore, over one hundred of us had a field day on Diariolibre's comments section, Hipo Bashing when they put up an interesting article about him. UMMM good!.... :mad:

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
quejeyoke said:
we all know that Hipo is not spending 1 day in DR jail for obvious reasons. Therefore, over one hundred of us had a field day on Diariolibre's comments section, Hipo Bashing when they put up an interesting article about him. UMMM good!.... :mad:

Link please?

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Thanks, I couldn't get through the whole lot but this one made me chuckle:

De: Do?a Rosa de Mejia, anto domingo
NO LE HAGAN CASO FUE QUE SE ME OLVIDO DARLE LA PASTILLA