Heard a rumour about pricing...

jrf

Bronze
Jan 9, 2005
Is it true that there are different prices for locals and tourists at some restaurants, such as La Roca in Sosua? I am wondering how to make the most of my cash while there. How about for some other services or products?

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Yes & No.

jrfkhe said:
Is it true that there are different prices for locals and tourists at some restaurants, such as La Roca in Sosua? I am wondering how to make the most of my cash while there. How about for some other services or products?
Very few restaurants have 2 menues, like La Roca, although it is not uncommon for a local or an expat, to get a discount on items they buy in tourist towns, as they are repeat customers.

POP Bad Boy

Bronze
Jun 27, 2004
Other Examples...and there are many more

Ocean World.....If you are a resident you get a discount. (Resident only)

Casa De Campo....If you are a resident you get a discount. (Resident and guests on same reservation)

Many of the all inclusive hotels will also offer a discount if you are a resident. The person making the reservation must be one of the parties and show your cedula or residence card upon checking in.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
jrfkhe said:

La Roca has two menues. But unless you are recognized by the waiters, they will ask you for your La Roca identification card. Too many visitors were trying to pass themselves off as locals.

Most places that give discounts to locals require something that proves it, such as your cedula or an id card issued by the business giving the discount.

jrf

Bronze
Jan 9, 2005
Thanks for the info. Was curious about that.
No matter, not complaining. Don't mind supporting those that are there and working hard.