I Am Going Back To Va For 8 Months :-(

La Gata

Jul 16, 2003
www.myspace.com
Are there any DR1'ers in the Virginia area?!? I will be heading to Richmond for 8 months! I am going to miss it soooo much. I haven't been out of the DR for more than a 2 weeks in 2 years! I went back in December for two weeks and came back after 5 days, I missed it sooo much!!

But My sister will be sending me care packages of rum, coffee, beer, and platanos ... so maybe it will keep my spirits bright:)!!!!

But is there any one around there? Richmond??

SSSSiiiiddddddddd

Jon S.

Bronze
Jan 25, 2003
Sorry to hear that....

But I live in York County down in the Hampton Roads area, about 1 hour from Richmond. Let me know when you get up here as long as it's not past the middle of next month.........got some things coming up around that time.

Keith R

"Believe it!"
Jan 1, 2002
www.temasactuales.com
There are several of us in Northern Va, (Alexandria, Arlington, Woodbridge, etc.) about 80 mins from you. We had a get-together last summer at my house and plans are to do it again this summer. Maybe you can come up for that -- and bring Jon S with you! He's been promising to visit me for some cold beers for nearly 2 yrs, but have yet to see his face. ;)

Best Regards,
Keith

Rick

Feb 21, 2002
I also live in Nothern, VA.

Hey Keith, next time you have a get together, please post time and date. I will in the DR the last week of May, then planning my next trip for July...

Rick

Keith R

"Believe it!"
Jan 1, 2002
www.temasactuales.com
Rick said:
Hey Keith, next time you have a get together, please post time and date. I will in the DR the last week of May, then planning my next trip for July...

Rick
Will do, Rick.

Aren't you the guy that PM'ed or e-mailed me last August about wishing you could attend the last DC Area reunion, but couldn't?

Jwb

Jan 10, 2002
Woodbridge VA

I am located about 1 hour more or less from Ricmond. I will in the DR from May 1 st to the 15 th, other than those dates I will be happy to meet with you and the rest of the gang.

I am on my 8 th (?)DR trip and I am planing on relocating maybe by years end, so be prepareto answer 1 million questions when we meet.

Snuffy

Bronze
May 3, 2002
Have any of you folks in the N. Virginia area ever shipped items to DR using a puerta a puerta service? While in Manassus, I was looking for one and could not find???

Thanks.

ALB3

Sep 15, 2003
Another Get Together

Keith,

You are going to host another NoVA DR1 event? Great! I'll have to start my search for Presidentes now. I don't have to worry about another "summer vacation" to the sandbox so I'll be looking forward to attending.

La Gata

Jul 16, 2003
www.myspace.com
I used to live in the woodbridge area ..

In Dumfries/Triangle! You know where that is? I went to high school in the area!!!

Gata!

Jwb said:
I am located about 1 hour more or less from Ricmond. I will in the DR from May 1 st to the 15 th, other than those dates I will be happy to meet with you and the rest of the gang.

I am on my 8 th (?)DR trip and I am planing on relocating maybe by years end, so be prepareto answer 1 million questions when we meet.

Jwb

Jan 10, 2002
Woodbridge /dumfries

Yes, I do. I go fishing in the triangle area during the summer.

I live off Jefferson Davis Hwy and Rt1.

La Gata

Jul 16, 2003
www.myspace.com
Please Anna ...

Who the hell is that?!?! Nevermind he is doing that everywhere!!! wth is the problem with people?is he 15 yrs old?

Anna Coniglio said:
May I suggest you stop this before it's too late?

Last edited:

Keith R

"Believe it!"
Jan 1, 2002
www.temasactuales.com
ALB3 said:
Keith,

You are going to host another NoVA DR1 event? Great! I'll have to start my search for Presidentes now. I don't have to worry about another "summer vacation" to the sandbox so I'll be looking forward to attending.
Don't know if I can host it at the house like we did last year, as I'm not sure my wife is up for doing it again. :laugh: So we might need a different venue. But since these things don't seem to get done unless I volunteer to do it, I could handle organization/coordination. First step might be identifying who from DR1 will be in the area during the summer and who's interested in attending such a gathering. How about it folks?

Rick

Feb 21, 2002
Yes Keith

I believe it was me who question about the reunion last year, I hope to make it this time. I have never been to a DR1 get together and I am looking forward too it. Just let me know the place and time, I will do my best to be there.

ALB3

Sep 15, 2003
Understand

Keith R said:
Don't know if I can host it at the house like we did last year, as I'm not sure my wife is up for doing it again. :laugh: So we might need a different venue. But since these things don't seem to get done unless I volunteer to do it, I could handle organization/coordination. First step might be identifying who from DR1 will be in the area during the summer and who's interested in attending such a gathering. How about it folks?

I completely understand your wife's sentiments. I'm more than available to help out. There's no need for you to be a solo act in organizing this.

Jon S.

Bronze
Jan 25, 2003
Hmmm....beer

Keith R said:
There are several of us in Northern Va, (Alexandria, Arlington, Woodbridge, etc.) about 80 mins from you. We had a get-together last summer at my house and plans are to do it again this summer. Maybe you can come up for that -- and bring Jon S with you! He's been promising to visit me for some cold beers for nearly 2 yrs, but have yet to see his face. ;)

Best Regards,
Keith

Hey hey hey, I've been busy :p . Military and school at the same time are tough......if it's before the middle of May, I'm more than willing to go but my obligations are forcing me elsewhere. Maybe in September we can do something??? I've been finding more and more Dominicans down here in the last few months. Maybe I can convince a group of people to go up with me. I was just in DR for 12 days, it was great and I had the real Presidentes.......hehe. I'll follow thru with the beer, Keith. Cid, PM me when you get here to VA.

Jwb

Jan 10, 2002
What was that about ?

Anna Coniglio said:
May I suggest you stop this before it's too late?

Did I miss something ?

KeithR I look forward to making it this time (that is if all goes well.) Unfortunately Summer season is the busiest season in the Disaster planing field.