Is their an exception to the sankie rule?

Bella23

Apr 24, 2005
ok ppl, here's the deal:

About 6 months ago a friend of mine came back from a DR resort where she hooked up with an animation guy. Since then he calls her everyday to talk and tell her how much he cares for her. She has been back once since then on vacation and not only did this guy take a week off from work to spend time with her, but he introduced her to his family. He has never asked her for money, but paid for everything. He knows she is in debt from tuition fees and will be moving to the DR for an internship (and maybe even for good if everything works out). She also met his family and friends who have kept in contact with her also.

What does he have to gain from her other than money and Canadian citizenship?

any thoughts or advice?????

Last edited:
He is a Sankie and using other womens money to take her out. They dont make enough money working at a resort to take people out so the money is coming from somewhere else. Tell her to enjoy the vacation sex because thats all it is. there are exceptions to the rule but this is not one of them.
Badpiece

Malibook

Bronze
Jan 23, 2002
www.yourtraveltickets.com
Surely there must be one somewhere.

Actually, I think these guys are getting a bum rap here.
I'm sure there must be many who are quite decent.

Malibook said:
Some of these sankie/ghetto rat bashers make it seem as if they are turning down good jobs and scholarships just to be a sankie.

I'm sure all of these compassionate and sensitive humanitarians would have risen out of the barrios to become the pompous elitist asses that they are today.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
He's a great guy. Go for it. What the heck do these people know anyways. :tired:

Now on with the Spanish forum. :laugh:

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
Bella23 said:
For many in the DR, that's equivalent to hitting the lottery.

Dec 9, 2002
Bella, just like every other rule in the book, of course there are exceptions to the sankie rule. However, many people who post on this site will tell you that there isn't ;) Just because a guy works in a resort does not mean he is a sankie - believe me, I know this.

Just tell your "friend" to follow her head before she follows her heart - only she can decide if this guy is the exception.

Small World

Apr 10, 2005
What does she want?

Say he does love her - he still works in a resort surrounded by tourists, many of whom would be more than willing to have a holiday romance/sex with him & give gifts to their lovers, sending things even after they leave the resort.

Maybe she shouldn't question what he could get from her, it's probably more important for her to figure out what she wants from him, the price she's prepared to pay for it, & if she's prepared to compete for his attention.

project9

May 29, 2004
and not only did this guy take a week off from work to spend time with her, but he introduced her to his family. He has never asked her for money, but paid for everything.

Wow! "your friend" won the lottery with that one, it is the fiiiiiiiiiiiiiirst time i read about a sankie, i mean such an honorable man, acting like that ... seems like that's a textbook routine for getting white women to think you're in love with them.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Bella23 said:

What more could he ask for, really?

We have a new breed it seems - the "Stealth" sankie. Uses other girls' money to make the calls and then BAM! he's here on a marriage visa trip to and older, fatter, richer, dumber (in the ways of life) Canadian gal.

What's his name? I'll alert immigration pronto.

shadInToronto

On Vacation....
Nov 16, 2003
Love brought them together .....

Your friend was guided by venus to find her only true love at a resort in the DR. This wonderful resort worker was sent from heaven for this very special woman and from the day they met, she was destined to be the happiest woman in this galaxy .... and so are all the other women who believe his bull crap. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

From similar posts in the sankie forum, your friend should take a number and wait for the demands for money and lies to start.

Last edited:

Bella23

Apr 24, 2005
rellosk said:
For many in the DR, that's equivalent to hitting the lottery.

What I mean is, he hasn't asked her for money and he knows she won't be staying in Canada

Bella23

Apr 24, 2005
Dominican Babe said:
Bella, just like every other rule in the book, of course there are exceptions to the sankie rule. However, many people who post on this site will tell you that there isn't ;) Just because a guy works in a resort does not mean he is a sankie - believe me, I know this.

Just tell your "friend" to follow her head before she follows her heart - only she can decide if this guy is the exception.

Thanks chic, I'll tell her. She's been reading alot of these forums and getting freaked out. I don't want her to ditch him and then always wonder what might have been.

Nov 5, 2004
Bella23 said:
Thanks chic, I'll tell her. She's been reading alot of these forums and getting freaked out. I don't want her to ditch him and then always wonder what might have been.

Reading the sankie forum can freak anyone out.

Let her know to go into this with her eyes open...which she already obviously is doing. They are not ALL bad..there are some good ones..you just gotta find them. And be careful and realistic about whats going on.She should know ahead of time how hard it is not only to have a long distance realtionship but cross cultural realtionship....let me tell you ITS NOT EASY. But it can work.

But so many of the stories on here are girls that go on 1 trip and "fall in love". Sorry it doesnt happen that way...THAT is called infatuation. Tell her if she really wants to see what she's getting into, she needs to spend more then 1 or 2 weeks with him...and NOT just stay on a resort.

No one on this board can obviously tell you yes it will work or no it won't. It's all up to the 2 of them. Every person and situation is different...although you do tend to hear more of the bad stories on here....ppl seem to find them more entertaining to talk about... ;)

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
Yes, we need a new "Sticky"

ricktoronto said:
We have a new breed it seems - the "Stealth" sankie. Uses other girls' money to make the calls and then BAM! he's here on a marriage visa trip to and older, fatter, richer, dumber (in the ways of life) Canadian gal.
The new and improved "Under-Cover Sankie" or "Stealth Sankie"
The Sankies have transformed and adjusted. They are a shrewd and cunning creature :laugh: :laugh:

Bella23

Apr 24, 2005
project9 said:
Wow! "your friend" won the lottery with that one, it is the fiiiiiiiiiiiiiirst time i read about a sankie, i mean such an honorable man, acting like that ... seems like that's a textbook routine for getting white women to think you're in love with them.

You can stop writing "your friend" in quotations as if to say that it's actually me. Why would I need to lie and pretend it's someone else when i'm using a nickname and no one here knows who i am anyway. You know what, I've seen how hot the guy is...I would be bragging if it was me.

If you're so knowledgeable about the thoughts and actions of Dominican men, please educate me. Where is this going? What happens next?

Bella23

Apr 24, 2005
ricktoronto said:
What more could he ask for, really?

What's his name? I'll alert immigration pronto.

I've read alot of your reviews to other people and not only were they uninformative but also just rude and insulting. It sounds like you've been single for a VERY long time ricktoronto...a little bitter are we? Maybe the reason canadian girls are so taken by Dominican men is because Canadian guys are emotionally retarded & don't know how to treat their women. They're so desparate to find love and companionship that their willing to pay to fly to resorts. Maybe the problem isn't so much the DR men, but the lack of intelligent and attractive men in Canada. I'm from toronto too and all I can say is THANK GOD I hooked up with an respectful Italian because otherwise I might be out on the dating scene surrounded by guys like you.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Bella23 said:
I've read alot [sic] of your reviews to other people and not only were they uninformative but also just rude and insulting. It sounds like you've been single for a VERY long time ricktoronto...a little bitter are we? Maybe the reason canadian [sic] girls are so taken by Dominican men is because Canadian guys are emotionally retarded & don't know how to treat their women. They're so desparate [sic] to find love and companionship that their [sic] willing to pay to fly to resorts. Maybe the problem isn't so much the DR men, but the lack of intelligent and attractive men in Canada. I'm from toronto [sic] too and all I can say is THANK GOD I hooked up with an respectful Italian because otherwise I might be out on the dating scene surrounded by guys like you.

The feeling is mutual I must say (not running into you that is) .

And I would say the adjective intelligent would not apply to 99.9999% of the the sankies these women pick up in the DR (you know because there are no men with this characteristic in Canada).

Crafty, theiving victimizers maybe would be one better way of describing them. So would bisexual.

The fact is of all the women I have seen with sankies draped all over them they would not be what anyone would call a catch from a number of perspectives back here in Canada (ugly, fat, old, loud, drunk, chainsmoking bingo players) . So they hunt for men who they pay for sex, not too hard a thing to do. Do they get a relationship? Never. They get lots of sex, so that's a good thing (as Martha would say)

Look, there is nothing wrong with having a fling for money if that's fun, it just seems that ALL the time, the men come back after sleeping with a bunch of women they have no expectations of and somehow women fall in love with every Cesar Romero they trip over. Go down with your eyes open, use rubbers and come back with some "intragroinal" satisfaction.

Question: with the total lack of intelligent and handsome men in Canada is your fella' ugly and stupid?

NB:I was looking for a rat here so I could give a rat's heinie about what you think, can't find one, sorry.

stormer

Apr 27, 2004
badpiece33 said:
He is a Sankie and using other womens money to take her out. They dont make enough money working at a resort to take people out so the money is coming from somewhere else. Tell her to enjoy the vacation sex because thats all it is. there are exceptions to the rule but this is not one of them.
Badpiece
Geez everyone is such a pessimest, lets give them a chance! You never know.

Dec 9, 2002
Bella23 said:
Where is this going? What happens next?
Come on Bella, no-one here can tell you where it's going nor what happens next. It's entirely down to your mate and her guy, they are the only two people who can make anything happen.

Top_Sanky

Mar 31, 2005
I think it is about time I say something.

1.- To Hillbilly's (he's got the right nick) golden rules about dating a Dominican (since I understand that he is meanig poor Dominicans are sankies)
He is wrong!!! I have three major credit cards in my pocket (which I pay from my own money. Believe it or not, I've got my own money, pay my taxes and all of that crap), I've got more than R.D.$ 100.00 in the bank (I don't write checks, don't need to) I've seen not only the USA (Canada not jet) but more than 2/3 of the world and I'm still the biggest Sankie of them all.

2.- Ricktoronto, did you know that intelligence is not defined as a list of academic degrees or even the aptitude to learn but the ability to master unspected situations and be successful?

3.- Malibook, what do you know where sankies come from? ghetto life is not only the reallity of most Dominicans but of lots of Americans and Canadians.

4.- Yes we (Sankies) know how to treat a woman, what to say and when to say it, we also know that women are not impressed by the same things men are, we know how to listen to a woman's words to understand when a woman just wants you to pay attention to her, we know how to observe what she likes and what not, to show her that we think about her, that we care, (it does not take that much) we know how to show her that she is important for us and so on bla bla bla................................

Top_Sanky