Running races in the DR

Sophia

Apr 25, 2005
Hello everyone,

Does anyone know of of any races happening in the DR, anywhere on the island? These can be from 5km to 1/2 a marathon. Any websites I can visit to get more infor and/or register?

I don't have a specific time of year in mind, I'd just like to know when and where they are. Also, if anyone has participated in a certain race, I'd appreciate your thoughts on the event!

Thanks!
Sophia

Amanita

Jul 11, 2007
I also am interested in a marathon, half-marathon or other races in the DR. Can anyone out there help with information?

Thanks

eastcoastmike

Jul 18, 2004
They just had a 1/2 marathon about 2 weeks ago.Sponsered by Lowenbrau I think(if that means anything).It started,I believe in Mirador park,Santo Domingo.I believe its anual.

eastcoastmike

Jul 18, 2004
Just a footnote,Does anmyone remember the waiter/waitress races down the Malecon?They competed while carrying trays of drinks.Im going back YEARS!!!

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
There is a marathon from La Vega to Moca and back.

There are events. The Athletic Federation should have some info for you. They are located in the Olympic Stadium..in Santo Domingo.

Various 10k races, I seem to remember...let me see...

I can;t find a number but i am sure that if you called Lowenbrau they could hook you up with the right people..

HB

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
Verizon/Codetel

Verizon used to sponser a 10k each year, in August I think, don't know if the new mangement will keep it up.

churettat

Feb 8, 2008
Feb. 12th - 16th, 2008

I will be on vacation in Punta Cana from the 12th-16th. I was wondering if are any races going on or any running groups that I might be able to hook up with during the time I am down there. I am currently training for a marathon and would enjoy running with some local runners to share some stories and learn more about the culture in the DR. Hope to hear from someone! Thanks!

- Tim