I am shocked!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

xamaicano

Apr 16, 2004
I am looking for a word to express extreme suprise. What would be the word that accurately conveys this?

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
xamaicano said:
I am looking for a word to express extreme suprise. What would be the word that accurately conveys this?

Confundido, boquiabierto, espantado, ansioso, horrorizado, asombrado, asombrado, admiraci?n-golpe?, atemorizado, desconcertado, confundido, lanzado sobre, confuso, aturdido, deslumbrado, desconcertado, marea, dej? sin hablar, muda, pasmado, echado al aire fuera, floored, aturdi?, se marea, perdido, descaminado, desorden?, dejado perplejdo, desconcertado, rechoncho, desconcertado, zumbado, tambalear, sacudido, agit?, mudo, tambaleado, asustado, golpeado mudo, perplejado, aturdido, atont?, sorprendido, desconcert?, tirado, at?nito, incierto, despegado, etc?tera y tan.

hahaha, Never under-estimate the powers of the Internet ;)

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
How about something simple like,

have your eyes wide open and say: ??? QUE ?????? :eek: :eek: :eek:

stewart

Mar 1, 2004
xamaicano said:

Give us the context of the surprise.
You got a pretty good list already. But they have different uses. Are you scared, happy, shocked, sad?

xamaicano

Apr 16, 2004
stewart said:
Give us the context of the surprise.
You got a pretty good list already. But they have different uses. Are you scared, happy, shocked, sad?

Surprised as completely unexpected as in I walked into a bar in Sosua to find AZB with a UBH. :surprised

stewart

Mar 1, 2004
xamaicano said:
Surprised as completely unexpected as in I walked into a bar in Sosua to find AZB with a UBH. :surprised

In that case, I would use a chain of words.
Something like "estoy asombrado, confundido y asustado a la vez".

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
stewart said:
In that case, I would use a chain of words.
Something like "estoy asombrado, confundido y asustado a la vez".

Plus, "Oye! Hay una mujer fea contigo!"

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Stop With The Diet Coke. All That Asperteme Will Mess You Up

But going back to the post and the context.

I think that , upon finding AZB with a UBH, the first words should be "Co?o er diablazo mi pana" Then something more cultured as you regain your composure.

The above expression is not gramatical, it is the argot used in the streets, but it conveys the message.

Enjoying this thread!

HB :p

stewart

Mar 1, 2004
Hillbilly said:
But going back to the post and the context.

I think that , upon finding AZB with a UBH, the first words should be "Co?o er diablazo mi pana" Then something more cultured as you regain your composure.

The above expression is not gramatical, it is the argot used in the streets, but it conveys the message.

Enjoying this thread!

HB :p
Maybe the aspertame is what's keeping me from getting my 5K time under 18 minutes.
I'll have to reconsider that.

Back to the thread, I concur HB. I think a high pitched "DIABLAZO" would cover all the bases.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
xamaicano said:

You folks will see hair on my head before a UBH in my arms.

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Agree with HB. Co?o is the most versatile word to express anything like this. Actually depending on inflection can be used for anything.

There's also "Diablo mano...uste si e apretao"...A la cibae?o...

Jon S.

Bronze
Jan 25, 2003
That's how they say it in

suarezn said:
Agree with HB. Co?o is the most versatile word to express anything like this. Actually depending on inflection can be used for anything.

There's also "Diablo mano...uste si e apretao"...A la cibae?o...

Cibae?o from Cotulll!!!!! Like my uncle used to say, "er diablo que monstro" and "Cotui ta en el mismo medio de todo"

Status
Not open for further replies.