Verizon on the Horizon?

blanca

Jan 23, 2003
I have a question. We have an account with Verizon which was once Codetel. The account is in our foremans name not ours. Any way when i spoke with him yesterday he said Verizon was knocking at our door. ( he and his wife are staying there while we are away). Saying we owe RD $10,000 + pesos and if he/we didn't pay they can come in and take whatever they want untill they think they have enoughf to equal the RD $10,000 + We totally forgot to take care of it before we left. I am going to call Verizon to fax me a Factura.... But my question is can they do this?
I know of a simular situation where a Colmado owner owed some one money and he went into her house and took her strero. He went to jail for doing more or less the same thing Verizon wants to do?
Are Verizon with in the law to do this? Was there a possible clause in the contract allowing them to do it?

Thanking everyone in advance!

blanca

Jan 23, 2003
My question is

I am going to take care of the bill. I just want to know if what they say they can do is legal.

riravaga

Feb 24, 2005
I have heard that they do that, but first they pass the case to the legal department, they must had called tons of time, and sent some letter notifying that will pass to the court your case.

I sugest you that call to verizon and ask about how much is your phone bill and if possible to make a deal.

blanca

Jan 23, 2003
In the Campo...............

We would get a Factura from the police station if they didn't "loose" them. We almost always would have to go to Nagua to get one. Then it never was correct anyway. It has always been a problem for everyone in the campo. As for them calling the phone has been disconnected for quite some time now. This is just some one who passes by in a Verzion truck once and awhile and the numbers are never close to the last time they pass thru. We have recived no letters legal or otherwise. I am going to call Monday and have them fax me one and see what's up?!

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
If you have a pin number, you can access your Codetel/Verizon phone bill online. When I got stuck in the US after Christmas, that is what I did. Then I called someone in Puerto Plata to pay the bill for me and repaid them when I returned.

Go to the Verizon website, click on Mi Factura, type in your phone number and pin..and it should load.

One warning however. If you have a popup blocker, the new window with the PDF file containing the statement might not open.

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
Turn off any popup blockers first.
Both Verizon and Edenorte offers "Mi Factura" online...
as said before the invoices often get lost when someone just throws them in... or in my case - my dog plays with them or eat them!
Use the online services, it is reallyy more easy! ;)

2parrotheads

Mar 18, 2005
carina said:
Both Verizon and Edenorte offers "Mi Factura" online...Use the online services, it is reallyy more easy! ;)

I'm having trouble finding Edenorte's website for this purpose; my google search results in lots of stuff, but I can't seem to find what I need.

Any help with the correct web address would be appreciated.

David (2parrotheads)

p.s. Carina, check your PM.

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
Hi, you need to contact the companies and order the service.
For Edenorte you need to order invoice by email, and verizon needs to give you a pin code.. This you need to do at their offices or by phone I think.

www.verizon.com.do

;)

Fabio J. Guzman

DR1 Expert
Jan 1, 2002
www.drlawyer.com
blanca said:
Saying we owe RD $10,000 + pesos and if he/we didn't pay they can come in and take whatever they want untill they think they have enoughf to equal the RD $10,000 +

Verizon cannot do this unless they go through a legal process ending in obtaining an order from a judge to freeze assets, etc.