Dominican Style Love (So He Thought)!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
On my latest trip to the DR (came back on April 30th), I had the opportunity to witness something that I have mentioned on this site over and over regarding foreigners and even visiting dominicans "finding" love in the DR. Especially "young love".

On my way to Los Guayacanes Beach at around 1am, I stopped at a chimichurry stand (La Placita) on Avanida Espana in SD. This litlle place is right next to El Acuario. If you know the area, you will know that many of these stands have a little stair that you can walk down to get closer to the ocean and since they have plastic chairs and tables, you can have a more "intimate" moment with your significant other down there. More on this to follow.

Well, my group was eating our chimys in front of the stand when a very pleasant man, who have heard me on my cell speaking in english, called me to his table. He introduced himself and his "posse". This 51 y/o Californian introduced me to his father-in-law, his 15 and 17 y/o sisters-in-law, cousin-in-law, a friend of his wife's and finally to his "love", his wife of 2 years, somewhat pretty yourg girl who looked 25 or so (so I thought).

The "love" was in the air. All over the place. This girl was hanging on to her husband as if her life was to end. She would kiss this man over and over. She would kiss his hand and would rest her head on his shoulder all the time. The love that this girl was showing this man was unbeliable!. I thought to myself, "he is older than her father but maybe I am wrong on this one, maybe this is the real thing since NOONE can show so much love for someone and not mean it, those looks can not be faked, that body movement have "I love you to death" written all over it, I have to be wrong on this one".

All of a sudden he tells me that they have been married 2 years, that he was leaving to California at 11am that same day, that she is all he needs, that he goes to the DR every 2 months to be with her, that she is a university student, that he is "doing her papers", that he would kill and die for her and that she is only 19!!!!!. Holly crap. Now my mind is going 100 miles per second!. I said to myself, "I am on vacation so I will not tell this guy what I really think of him" so I just got up, told him "good luck" and rejoined my buddies.

I told my friends what had just transpired and I just, in my mind, wished him good luck again. My friend Mayra just said "poor man".

We were treated so nicely by the stand's owner and one of the servers, who kept calling me Juan Carlos because I reminded her of her boyfriend, that we decided to go back again the next day at around 11:30pm (well, same day since we were there at 1am).

We (best friend Ramon and brother Carlos) were having the best of time when all of a sudden, from "downstairs" came up 2 "familiar" faces and 2 non-familiar. One of the familiar faces was the Californian 17 y/o sister-in-law who now was holding hands with an old(I am guessing 45 or 47) foreigner.

The other "familiar" face was that of none other than the "lovestruck" wife of the California man!!!!!. This time she is "showing" her "love" to a young, dark dominican!!!!!. Since her makeup was all over the place, I wonder what they were doing "down-below". She was tattoed to this young man just like she was tattoed to her husband and "love" at 1am.

My friend Ramon, being a very serious and proud dominican, when they were passing by us, asked the California man's wife, "hey, tell your husband that we say hello". She just looked at us and gave us a "I don't care look", never letting her "new love" hand go. I just shooked my head. The server just said "Tu no sabes na, esa lo trae a todos aqui despues que su marido se va, ese gringo es un pendejo".

NOTE:::: I know that all situations are different and that THERE ARE a few happy old/young relationships out there. Just keep your eyes open and your common sense intact!!!!!.

Last edited:

stewart

Mar 1, 2004
I didn't ever notice it. But my wife actually hates going out when we are in DR. We are the same age (early 30's), have been married for 10 years and have 3 kids. But she points out that because I am as pale as I can be and she is morenita, that everybody just assumes she is a hooker. Or that she is with me for the visa/money. It stinks that the stereotypes exists. But such is life. Stereotypes become such for a reason.
La vida es asi.

xamaicano

Apr 16, 2004
I don't understand why this is so shocking or even disturbing. She provides him with a young body and he provides her with material support. It is a transactional relationship. As long as she keeps up the illusion when he there, he is getting what he pays for. Most young women are not going to be satisfied with only a steady diet of old man sex. She is only 19.

Bartolomeo67

Mar 18, 2004
"Just keep your eyes open and your common sense intact!!!!!."

... And make sure you speak good spanish if you want a truly serious relationship with a 'no speaky inglish' chopa dominicana.
Very good post, Miguel!
Giving her whole family a 'free ride' on the gringos money that night out was already a bad sign. I don't suppose the guy spoke enough spanish to be able to communicate properly with his wife and his in-laws. It's not only a money thing, as a gringo you simply may not expect your girlfriend to be emotionally satisfied with you when you don't understand anything about the life she leads and she cannot really communicate with you about what really counts. The gringo is a mere sugardaddy in her eyes, no matter how loving she seems to be.
Bartolomeo

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Why?

stewart said:
I didn't ever notice it. But my wife actually hates going out when we are in DR. We are the same age (early 30's), have been married for 10 years and have 3 kids. But she points out that because I am as pale as I can be and she is morenita, that everybody just assumes she is a hooker. Or that she is with me for the visa/money. It stinks that the stereotypes exists. But such is life. Stereotypes become such for a reason.
La vida es asi.
See, you and your wife are in your 30's, 10 years together and have 3 kids so why do you care what people assume?. Yes, many would assume that but who cares. My thread is sorely for those FEW that are blind thinking that their "old enough to be their daughters" wives are merely waiting with open arms for their arrivals. I am not talking about hookers.

Again, I must state, some (very few, imo) DO work.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
You get it!!

xamaicano said:
Most young women are not going to be satisfied with only a steady diet of old man sex. She is only 19.
FINALLY!!!!. Someone that truly gets it!!.

With so many "young studs" in the DR, why settle for someone that can be her father if there's no secondary motive?.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
miguel said:
My thread is sorely for those FEW that are blind thinking that their "old enough to be their daughters" wives are merely waiting with open arms for their arrivals. I am not talking about hookers.

Again, I must state, some (very few, imo) DO work.

But Miguel faithfulness in your mate has nothing to do with age or age differences.
A 22 year old can have a long distance relationship with another 22 year old and there's no garantee of either party staying faithful to each other.

Hell I've watched the program "cheaters" a couple of times and I see there's no garantee even if you live in the same city for pete sakes.

The thing is there too many people out there in the whole world not just in DR ready to try a new flavor all the time and people willing to let them. :laugh:

Last edited:

xamaicano

Apr 16, 2004
He is not trying to take his "wife" from the DR or move there right now, so his wife is basically recreation for when he visits every couple of months. As far she is concerned he has not made the necessary commitment for her to give up her extracurricular activities. Until she sees a real future in the relationship not just some income then it's not likely that she will stop dating.

xamaicano said:
He is not trying to take his "wife" from the DR or move there right now, so his wife is basically recreation for when he visits every couple of months. As far she is concerned he has not made the necessary commitment for her to give up her extracurricular activities. Until she sees a real future in the relationship not just some income then it's not likely that she will stop dating.

Cmon now!!!!! As soon as she sets foot in the USA with that visa she is leaving that loser!!! :) To all you DR1 Lovers to be out there, just enjoy your time on the island and the time you spend with these girls, Dont expect anything else from these girls unless you know them really well and their families really well. That means going to DR without her knowing that your going and just show up unanounced now and then just to see whats going on.

chuckuindy

Bronze
Mar 8, 2004
Thought you were talking about me

After a year with the same Dominican novia, who by the way is 34 years younger than me, I still never worry about her and other men. Maybe I am crazy but to this point I trust her. What else can I do? To make matters worse she works in a bar where many of the girls sell their bodies on a daily basis.

Because I go to the DR often and I know most of the girls she works with and her boss, someone would rat her out in a heartbeat, if she was fooling around. (These Dominican woman love to rat their friends out.) Anyway what difference would it make? She knows that once I find out the gravy train is over.

It?s like xamaicano said ?she provides him with a young body and he provides her with material support. It is a transactional relationship?, and for now that is good enough for me. On the other hand the statement that ?most young women are not going to be satisfied with only a steady diet of old man sex,? may not always be true. Us old guys know a thing or two about pleasing women of any age. Add that to the fact that many Dominican women prefer older men, for what ever reason, I am a very happy camper.

Patrick is also correct, my novia never knows when I will show up unannounced.

Nov 5, 2004
But Miguel faithfulness in your mate has nothing to do with age or age differences.
A 22 year old can have a long distance relationship with another 22 year old and there's no garantee of either party staying faithful to each other.

Hell I've watched the program "cheaters" a couple of times and I see there's no garantee even if you live in the same city for pete sakes.

The thing is there too many people out there in the whole world not just in DR ready to try a new flavor all the time and people willing to let them.

Wow! What a shocker! Anna is right as usual! ;)

Each realtionship depends on the people invloved. There is not one set way of how things *will* happen based on age difference or what countries people are from. There can be certain, more common tendancies related to particular situations...sure..but they are NEVER right, 100% of the time.

Each person has to make their own "story"!

L-dzzy

Nov 7, 2004
badpiece33 said:
Cmon now!!!!! As soon as she sets foot in the USA with that visa she is leaving that loser!!!

Has anyone experienced this?
Where after bringing a dominican to the U.S. - things didn't work out.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Again?.

Anna Coniglio said:

The thing is there too many people out there in the whole world not just in DR ready to try a new flavor all the time and people willing to let them. :laugh:
Here we go again!. My thread had NOTHING to do with two 22 year olds.

Since some of you do not get what I am trying to say and are making things up as you go along, let me explain the "bottom line" of my thread:

A dominican person, male or female (15-19), who falls in "love" with a foreigner, ANY FOREIGNER, that is 25-40 years older, in my book (my book, not yours) has a secondary motive. The motive could be a better life or visa to the "love's" country.

I really do not care how smart or grown up a person is, I just do not see a 15-19 y/o girl having EVERYTHING in common with a 40-60 y/o man. Plain and simple.

I will say it again, some of you do not see anything wrong with a 40-60 y/o dating and marrying a 17-19 y/o but in my book it's just sickening and I don't care how much they "think" they have in common. Most teenagers have a "let's party" mentality while most (note: most) 40-60 people have a "I have done it all so now I will take it easy" mentality.

I will ask this again, suppose that your 16-19 y/o daughter is rich, would you let her bring a 45-60 y/o man to your house and introduce him to you as her boyfriend and that they plan to marry?. If my daughter had done such a thing, I swear, I would still be beating the hell out of that pedophile!.

Another bottom line?. A 15-19 year old does not have the same mentality as a 25 year old. Don't care how some want to paint it, they just don't. Yes, some can say "my g/f is very mature for her age" but the fact of the matter is that being "wise" is different than being mature.

Note: I SEE NOTHING WRONG WITH A MATURE GIRL OF 25-30 DATING AN OLDER MAN. What consenting ADULTS do with their times it's up to them!.

Anna, do you think that you have the same mentality now that you had when you were 16-19?. Do you think that you have EVERTHING in common with someone that is 16-19?.

I will ask fathers this question and please be honest:

Would you give your blessings to your 16 y/o daughter to start dating a man that is 40-60?.

Last edited:

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Here's your motives to post this as I see it:

1. You were trying to point out that some 'young" chica was "cheating" on her "old husband"

My point is don't people the same age cheat? Oh right it's harder to spot in puplic when they are the same age.

2. You have a huge hang up on "May to February romances which by the way is non of your business.

Live and let live Miguel. Judge not.

People do what they do for different reasons. Karma has a strange way to get around to us. So never say never.

Could happen to you and it could happen to your kids.

NY1

Feb 26, 2002
A dominican person, male or female (15-19), who falls in "love" with a foreigner, ANY FOREIGNER, that is 25-40 years older, in my book (my book, not yours) has a secondary motive.

And vice-versa is what you fail to realize.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Wrong again!

Anna Coniglio said:
Here's your motives to post this as I see it:

1. You were trying to point out that some 'young" chica was "cheating" on her "old husband"

My point is don't people the same age cheat? Oh right it's harder to spot in puplic when they are the same age.

2. You have a huge hang up on "May to February romances which by the way is non of your business.

Live and let live Miguel. Judge not.

People do what they do for different reasons. Karma has a strange way to get around to us. So never say never.

Could happen to you and it could happen to your kids.
1- Wrong!. I am trying to say that most dominican romances, when they consists of a young girl and a man older than her father, they have a alternative motive.

I am talking about a young dominican girl and a old american man. I am not talking about just anybody else. If I was going to post about anybody else, I would have gone to the "everybody else" site. I am talking about a problem that exists in the DR with males and females alike!.

2- Wrong!. The only hang up that I have is stating something that I see wrong. If that is a hang up, then I may say the same about you defending the fact that someone that young can find love and happiness with such an older person.

Did you read my post?. I did not judge anyone. I saw with my own eyes what she was up to. She put herself in a position to be judged!.

Of course that it could happen to me, my kids and to you and your kids but let me assure you that it will NOT happen to me, EVER, with a teenager.

Are those the answer to my questions to you?. If yes, thanks.

Last edited:

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I really do not care how smart or grown up a person is, I just do not see a 15-19 y/o girl having EVERYTHING in common with a 40-60 y/o man. Plain and simple.

I've met 40 - 60 year olds that bored the hell out of me and I've met 19 year olds that bored me too. It's personalty not age.

Anna, do you think that you have the same mentality now that you had when you were 16-19?. Do you think that you have EVERTHING in common with someone that is 16-19?.

Absolutely NOT!!! I was a really boring at 16-19. ;) I didn't come to life till I hit 40 :laugh:

Would you give your blessings to your 16 y/o daughter to start dating a man that is 40-60?

In what world are we talking about?

I'll tell you about a couple I know right here in Guelph. The man was older in his 40's , she was 20. Both Italian Canadians. Neither one needed a visa , money and all that crap.
Her parents kept telling her that she would end up spending her best years looking after an old man. They married and were very happy when life happened. She fell from a platform in a two story building and landed on her back. This tragedy brought to light that she had cancer. So the man ended up looking after a young person instead of the other way around till she died at 25.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
True!

NY1 said:
A dominican person, male or female (15-19), who falls in "love" with a foreigner, ANY FOREIGNER, that is 25-40 years older, in my book (my book, not yours) has a secondary motive.

And vice-versa is what you fail to realize.
One hundred percent true. And I do not fail to relialize it at all.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Ok!

Anna Coniglio said:
I've met 40 - 60 year olds that bored the hell out of me and I've met 19 year olds that bored me too. It's personalty not age.

Absolutely NOT!!! I was a really boring at 16-19. ;) I didn't come to life till I hit 40 :laugh:

In what world are we talking about?

I'll tell you about a couple I know right here in Guelph. The man was older in his 40's , she was 20. Both Italian Canadians. Neither one needed a visa , money and all that crap.
Her parents kept telling her that she would end up spending her best years looking after an old man. They married and were very happy when life happened. She fell from a platform in a two story building and landed on her back. This tragedy brought to light that she had cancer. So the man ended up looking after a young person instead of the other way around till she died at 25.
I rest my case.

Sad story but then again, she was not 16-19 or lived in the DR and he was not a 45-60 y/o foreigner visiting the DR. Big difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.