buying for a new home

oscar

Mar 6, 2005
Can any one tell me were the best place to buy and furnish a new home in sosua,and that is everthing.From beds,white goods,curtains,china and the rest.

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
oscar said:
Can any one tell me were the best place to buy and furnish a new home in sosua,and that is everthing.From beds,white goods,curtains,china and the rest.

There is no one place. Best is to go slowly, and take advantage of seasonal store sales.

Best, of course, is the city of Santo Domingo, where you will have more to choose from.

Check out Americana Departamentos on JFKennedy Avenue, and Cuesta del Hogar at 27 de Febrero corner Abraham Lincoln.

pacito

Jul 28, 2004
Dolores said:
There is no one place. Best is to go slowly, and take advantage of seasonal store sales.

Best, of course, is the city of Santo Domingo, where you will have more to choose from.

Check out Americana Departamentos on JFKennedy Avenue, and Cuesta del Hogar at 27 de Febrero corner Abraham Lincoln.

Cuesta is great but it is in SDQ....
Decoral muebles on 27 Febrero is pretty good ( all hand made ) but it is also in SDQ

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
In Puerto Plata:

Take it slow, and you?ll find all you need.
In Puerto Plata:

Gonzales Muebles. There are 2 Gonzales stores, one with new a little more expensive and another one close by with alots of sales.

Casa Nelson has alots of this & that

Francis Electro Moebles, also alots of everything

Facil Muebles, a little cheaper and more simple furniture etc

On Los Molinos a small vendor that handmade mahogny furniture after style & wish.

Hector Moebles, same as Facil

Hidelisa on Antera Mota , good for bedspreads, textiles, curtains. They also make after your wishes.

Before Hidelisa, another branch with furniture in same company. A little more expensive, but nice.

Cheap kitchenware etc:
Solo a diez ( 12 de Julio )
Tienda Las Margaritas ( Calle Beller )
Casa Nelson ( Calle Separation )
Gitano ( Calle Beller )

Nice paintings, also mirrors, phrames, glass etc
Ventanas Atlantica, Av, Colon.

Flowers, plants, pots
Vivero Cid, just between Jose Luis and Texaco

Hope this helps. All plants, furniture etc are usually freed delivery.

Last edited:

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
Also

Out door/indoor ceiling lamps:

Ferreteria San Antonio on 12 de Julio
Ferreteria Freddy, down by Caribe Tours

Ok prices on ceiling fans
Ferreteria Bordas ( 12 de Julio )

More beautiful, worked ceiling lamps Hidelisa furniture, Antera Mota

Some curtains, lamps, small decoration stuff:
Natural Habitat on Calle Beller

twhitehead

Bronze
Nov 1, 2003
carina said:
Take it slow, and you?ll find all you need.
In Puerto Plata:

Gonzales Muebles. There are 2 Gonzales stores, one with new a little more expensive and another one close by with alots of sales.

Casa Nelson has alots of this & that

Francis Electro Moebles, also alots of everything

Facil Muebles, a little cheaper and more simple furniture etc

On Los Molinos a small vendor that handmade mahogny furniture after style & wish.

Hector Moebles, same as Facil

Hidelisa on Antera Mota , good for bedspreads, textiles, curtains. They also make after your wishes.

Before Hidelisa, another branch with furniture in same company. A little more expensive, but nice.

Cheap kitchenware etc:
Solo a diez ( 12 de Julio )
Tienda Las Margaritas ( Calle Beller )
Casa Nelson ( Calle Separation )
Gitano ( Calle Beller )

Nice paintings, also mirrors, phrames, glass etc
Ventanas Atlantica, Av, Colon.

Flowers, plants, pots
Vivero Cid, just between Jose Luis and Texaco

Hope this helps. All plants, furniture etc are usually freed delivery.

Just wondering if this list is still up to date. Will be coming down at begining of Jan and need to buy a few items: TV, couch, bed. Would a person be better off going to Santiago or does P.Pl. offer similar selections and price?

Thanks Tom

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
If you have a vehicle, the best place is Santo Domingo, the capital city for shopping. Best prices: El Canal, Carrefour, Plaza Lama, Ferreteria Americana, Hache, Corripio, etc. You need to shop around.

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
Dolores said:
If you have a vehicle, the best place is Santo Domingo, the capital city for shopping. Best prices: El Canal, Carrefour, Plaza Lama, Ferreteria Americana, Hache, Corripio, etc. You need to shop around.
I'm sure the shopping is better in SD, but you will need a hell of a vehicle if you want beds, couches and other furniture for Sosua. You are probably better off in POP, many of the places mentioned by Carina will deliver to Sosua. Carina that was a great list for POP.

Last edited:

twhitehead

Bronze
Nov 1, 2003
Dolores said:

Thank you Dolores for your advice. I am aware that prices in SD are much better and also that SD has better selection. I would like to avoid going that distance if possible since I will have only a rental vehicle and a limited time frame on this visit. Was hoping to shop in PP or Santiago for these purchases if possible...

I guess another place to look would be on people selling their homes and moving back to their original countries. Any leads on anyone looking at selling a couple of couches, TV and king bed? Mainly interested in purchasing a TV and couch for the time being. Rest of house is currently furnished except for spare bedroom which can wait.

Again any advice or tips are greatly appreciated...thanks tom

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I could tell you an excellent place in Santiago for furniture. The name is ADAMES.
30 de Marzo #38. 581-0097.

This place has three large floors of furniture. The prices are very good for here. They have local and imported. Ask for Jesus, he is the owner. You can bargain a little with him and he will deliver to Sosua in one day.

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
Also in Santiago the mall is good, Plaza International or something like that. There are some good stores in there, one in particular sticks out but I cannot remember the name but its the largest one in there. Some furniture but mostly high end home decoration items, sheets, lamps, etc.

Last edited: