I need a DR Visa

AlfromTexas

Apr 13, 2004
On my recent return to the DR, American Airlines told me that I could not stay more than 30 days without a VISA. They changed my return flight from November 15 to May 27. How do I get a VISA?

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Apply at a Dominican Consulate for a multiple entry 5 year visa which I heard do exist - the AA attitude seems odd - the tourist card is officially 15 and was 90 and never was 30 - so where they get this idea is not seemingly based on the alternative use of a tourist card it seems.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I agree

This is strange.

You can certainly overstay your Tourist Card Visa. Maximum penalty is less than $50 bucks.

Maybe they are CTB??

Anyway the consulates will love to give you a visa if you are going to be travelling more frequently to the DR....or if you are planning on staying here for a while...

But as was posted above, I have never heard of this attitude.

What did you do? Try to buy a one-way ticket? Then I know they'll challange you....When I am returning to the country, AA always asks to see my visa and I have to show them my DR resident's card...

HB :p

ricktoronto

Jan 9, 2002
Also depending on the type of ticket ( I fly full fare anyway) you can just call AA in the capital or go there and change the return date to whatever you want. The local CTO is very accommodating, and have been very helpful to me in the past.

Jun 5, 2004
ricktoronto said:
Apply at a Dominican Consulate for a multiple entry 5 year visa which I heard do exist - the AA attitude seems odd - the tourist card is officially 15 and was 90 and never was 30 - so where they get this idea is not seemingly based on the alternative use of a tourist card it seems.

This is something new right? I guess its just another way of the Dominican goverment to rip off people who travel to the Dominican Republic

caro

Sep 24, 2003
maximum penalty is less than $50 bucks

now is much more than that the maximum for 5 year + is 15 000 pesos

see the thread of juanita: important news-tourist card

Last edited:

AlfromTexas

Apr 13, 2004
Hillbilly said:
This is strange.

You can certainly overstay your Tourist Card Visa. Maximum penalty is less than $50 bucks.

Maybe they are CTB??

Anyway the consulates will love to give you a visa if you are going to be travelling more frequently to the DR....or if you are planning on staying here for a while...

What did you do? Try to buy a one-way ticket? Then I know they'll challange you....When I am returning to the country, AA always asks to see my visa and I have to show them my DR resident's card...

My return to USA flight was scheduled for Nov 15. They changed it to May 27.

AlfromTexas

Apr 13, 2004
ricktoronto said:

I am in Sosua. Where is the closest Dominican Consulate?

ricktoronto

Jan 9, 2002
AlfromTexas said:
I am in Sosua. Where is the closest Dominican Consulate?

There are none of the same country you are already in, as they are in foreign countries, there is one in NYC for example.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
I think you should go to Melissa Tours, change your ticket back to November, then pay the tourist visa penalty when you leave.

lucel

Feb 2, 2004
I think the opposite applies here in Haiti. The consulate doest want to give tourist visa for Filipino residing in Haiti. I have a friend that applies for a minimum of 3 months single entry to DR and was turned down. I have another friend presently living with her Dominican boyfriend here in Haiti that had the same experience.
Can you help? Any information that leads to a positive result is very much appreciated.

thanks in advance

Hillbilly said:
This is strange.

Maybe they are CTB??

ricktoronto

Jan 9, 2002
They just don't want you to come at all by the sounds of it. Really nothing to do with this topic - you apply they say yes or no, in this case they said no. Must not desire Filipinos in the DR for some reason.

lucel

Feb 2, 2004
thank you very much

ricktoronto said:
They just don't want you to come at all by the sounds of it. Really nothing to do with this topic - you apply they say yes or no, in this case they said no. Must not desire Filipinos in the DR for some reason.

ricktoronto

Jan 9, 2002
lucel said:
thank you very much

I have to say with the Russians and having to now pay their 250 Euro fee to apply and Filipinos being denied, such as you, they are taking a hard line on visitors for no easily understandable reason.

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
ricktoronto said:
I have to say with the Russians and having to now pay their 250 Euro fee to apply and Filipinos being denied, such as you, they are taking a hard line on visitors for no easily understandable reason.
I thought the 250 Euro fee was rescinded.