How to say 'disappointed' and 'just' in Spanish

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cindyee

Oct 7, 2004
Hey guys ;)

I love what you've started with the Spanish 101, i check it everyday to learn things that u don't get to learn in traditional texbooks, especially the everyday Domincan slangs.

So i'm wondering, how do u say: I'm disappointed (in you)...?

And also how do u translate the word 'just' ? Like when someone asks you what you are doing and you say: Oh, i'm just taking a walk or reading a book...something along those lines....

Any help on this? I appreciate it ! :)

juancarlos

Bronze
Sep 28, 2003

Cindyee, I would say: Me has decepcionado.

Tordok

Bronze
Oct 6, 2003
Cindyee said:
Hey guys ;)

I love what you've started with the Spanish 101, i check it everyday to learn things that u don't get to learn in traditional texbooks, especially the everyday Domincan slangs.

And also how do u translate the word 'just' ? Like when someone asks you what you are doing and you say: Oh, i'm just taking a walk or reading a book...something along those lines....

Any help on this? I appreciate it ! :)

I'm dissapointed in you; Estoy decepcionado(a) contigo.
The 2nd one is tougher as the word "just" depending on its use can be translated in many different ways. In your specific scenario "oh, i'm just taking a walk or reading a book..."
Something like this may be close: " Ah!, yo solamente (not alone but simply) estoy como por caminar un poco , o por leer un libro."

Just could also literally mean 'justo' which could be as in appropriate justice or as in "barely" or "just enough to". In your case just as simply kind of makes sense to me. I'm sure Lesley will know why or how, but I'm sure this is correct. Sometimes it "just" means "o algo as?"..

- Tordok
:glasses:

juancarlos

Bronze
Sep 28, 2003
I'm dissapointed in you; Estoy decepcionado(a) contigo.

Yes, I think that is a more literal translation, and correct too. While Me has decepcionado is You have disapointed me.

Status
Not open for further replies.