Cabarete Nightlife

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rio~San~juan

Aug 3, 2004
www.faceparty.co.uk
HOLLA DR1

hey everyone i was just wondering which is the best place to start of at cabarete and what time it hots up. some friends of mine said to go to cabarete at 2am after we've been to rio san juan but that cant be right can it....

any help would be great....

going for an 18th so it has to be a good night..

any tips welcome

HELP HELP HELP

thank you

X

Peter & Alex

Bronze
May 3, 2003
www.rainbowsenddr.com
Cabarete

Rio San Juan is miles away from Cabarete! Wouldn't want to do that trip by road in the dark!
Cabarete - start off in Lax on the beach any time around dusk and scope out the youngsters who gather there. Hang around until 11.00pm - midnight depending on the number of people in there these days. We are low season, prices have stayed high so a lot of the regular Cabarete crowd do not go out so often at the moment.
Leave Lax and wander up to Las Brisas for a look as there's often a crowd in there too.
Then just follow your ears!
Onno's and Bambu are right next to each other and they are the 'in' places late at night and well into the morning. Noisy techno crap all night long! Don't expect to get to bed until well after 04.00am in the morning - you can expect to stay out all night if it's a good night?
You're young, you'll love it!

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
Cabarete at night...

Yes, I was in Cabarete last week and it is all true. The two beach bars(Onnos and Bambu) are right next to each other-on Friday and Saturday nights you can barely walk from one to another because of all the people. It is ALOT of fun!!!!

Rio~San~juan

Aug 3, 2004
www.faceparty.co.uk
thank you

thank you everyone

the drive to cabarete isnt that long.... lol well about 30 mins maybe a little less depends on the driver. ha

im really looking forward to it. i havent been to cabarete in a while so its gonne be good to go back there would be great to see some old faces too....
hope so.

so lax to start of with the same as last time i was there....

please keep me informed of whats it like... getting busier/ empty as i would rather just stay at the hotel and get pi**ed on the hotels all inclusive or in rio san juan then spend money i havent really got on going into cabarete if its going to empty.
lol

thanks again everyone XXXX

pas

Jun 7, 2004
Escott said:
Cabarete has been dead for the last week. Plenty of parking in a town without ANY!! I have driven through at 9 and come back at midnight and can park anywhere I want at any time.

escott...
did you ever eat at the chinees restaurant in cabarete ?

i whas there last march and really liked it...

mrmagic

Nov 25, 2003
that chinese rest' is as good as any ive visited. i swear to god half my body weight is due to overconsumption of 'fri li' and 'cream o sum yung gy'. the food is awesome. i paid 300rd for enough food to feed 3 people, which incidentally i ate myself. :nervous:

Nov 5, 2004
mrmagic said:
that chinese rest' is as good as any ive visited. i swear to god half my body weight is due to overconsumption of 'fri li' and 'cream o sum yung gy'. the food is awesome. i paid 300rd for enough food to feed 3 people, which incidentally i ate myself. :nervous:

Although to ppl who are not used to some types of food down there..be careful at what time you eat.

If you are going to one of the places that are open really late or 24 hrs...you may get sick..VERY sick! :p

Often times this food is left out untill someone will buy it (I am only talking about 24 hours and LATE night places..not your everyday resturant)...anytime I have eaten at any food place, that was open 24hrs..(with the exception of the one place that is open 24hrs in POP on the highway towards Luperon/Imbert/Santiago) I have gotten EXTREMLY sick.

The food tasted wonderful at the time...and none of the Dominicans with me got sick form it...but my body jsut can't handle food that is left out.

(I metion this cuz one of the 24hr places that I got REALLLLLLY sick from was a Chinese place in Santo Domingo..)

P.S.This may not be the best location for this question..but what are some of the better Chinese resurtants on the North Coast (including Caberete...to tie it into this thread...LOL)

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
pas said:
escott...
did you ever eat at the chinees restaurant in cabarete ?

i whas there last march and really liked it...
I have eaten there. I find the food just fair. Doesn't taste a bit like a Chinese restaurant in NY. I prefer the one in Puerto Plata but I ordered Chicken Chow Fun last week and it was chicken and rice. Tasted good though.

Escott

dawnwil

Bronze
Aug 27, 2003
Rio~San~juan said:
HOLLA DR1

hey everyone i was just wondering which is the best place to start of at cabarete and what time it hots up. some friends of mine said to go to cabarete at 2am after we've been to rio san juan but that cant be right can it....

hola rio,

Your friend is right about the busy disco hours: last two of three weekends I was there with the Coyote Bar gals and pals and we didn't leave Sosua until 1:30 am, after they finished work. Not much traffic on the road, but I suspect most of the beach-surfer-all-inclusive crowd in Cabarete doesn't drive.

Yanny and Yohanny told me only Friday and Saturday nights are worth the drive for the discos. As Berzin said, you can barely move and that's on the beach. The dance floors are kissing cousin close and hot hot hot. Oh, and really warm in there too. :)

Last time I danced for an hour&half nonstop, then realized the song never ends, and when I commented to one of the 30 year old guys with our group, he told me it's called 'rave' and the 'song' goes on for hours. ok.

So I threw in the towel and escaped to a chair on the beach to watch the show while holding 2 or 3 purses. hee.

If I got you right, you'll be there on Sat, June 18th... HAVE FUN.

Status
Not open for further replies.