hostels and cheap hotels in santo domingo

Scrammy520

Feb 9, 2005
does anyone know of any cheap hotels or hostels in santo domingo? i'm just staying a few nights and i want to stay somewhere that is walking distance to el conde. i have found a couple, but i'm not sure how far of a walk it is to there. so, another question: how far is gazcue and zona universitaria from el conde? thanks for your help.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
We have stayed for years at La Grand Mansion on Danae. RD$500 for one bed, RD$750 for two beds. 9 rooms. Bath, fan, no ac or tv. When we stay there, we walk to the Conde almost every day. Tel 809-682-2033 or 809-689-8758.

There are several other small, inexpensive hotels on same street.

The hotel, by the way, located on a quiet street off Independencia.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Both Gazcue and Zona Universitaria are technically within walking distance. In reality, the heat of day might mean you'd be pushing it to walk from the Zona U, but to and from Gazcue should be no problem. Both are fairly shady districts and the walk can be very pleasant if you avoid the middle of the day and plot a route through the quieter streets.

There is public transport running up and down the two main avenues that cut through these two neighbourhoods (Av. Independencia - eastbound and Av. Bolivar - westbound) to and from Parque Independencia (Conde).

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
Others

Ken said:
We have stayed for years at La Grand Mansion on Danae. RD$500 for one bed, RD$750 for two beds. 9 rooms. Bath, fan, no ac or tv. When we stay there, we walk to the Conde almost every day. Tel 809-682-2033 or 809-689-8758.

There are several other small, inexpensive hotels on same street.

The hotel, by the way, located on a quiet street off Independencia.

Just up the same street is the Residencia, and on Palo Hincado Zona Colonial is Apart-Hotel web site www.condo-parque.ch.vu about Us$35