Canadian Embassy Location

Fiesta Mama

Bronze
Jan 28, 2004
I have the address of the Canadian Embassy in Santo Domingo but does anyone know where it is in relation to the Caribe Tours Bus Terminal? Is it a building on its own or inside another building. Would most taxi drivers know where it is if I just said "take me to the Canadian Embassy". Any help or insight would be appreciated. Thanks.

juanita

Bronze
Apr 22, 2004
Hola Fiesta Mama! From Caribe Tours and by cab, it will take you like 5 to 10 minutes to get there. Just show the driver the address and he should go down Maximo Gomez. The Embassy is located in a more residencial area and has its own building with our flag at the door.

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
The Canadian Embassy is on Capitan Eugenio de Marchena street, on the north side facing the Fundacion Global Democracia y Desarrollo (Funglode), the think tank organization owned by President Leonel Fernandez. It is a long block from Maximo Gomez.

DianaC

Jan 8, 2005
juanita said:
Hola Fiesta Mama! From Caribe Tours and by cab, it will take you like 5 to 10 minutes to get there. Just show the driver the address and he should go down Maximo Gomez. The Embassy is located in a more residencial area and has its own building with our flag at the door.

Yes, it is a quick cab ride or a long walk from Caribe tours, but from experience, be careful which cab you take.... not all cab drivers know where the Canadian Embassy is and not all cab drivers even know where the street is. The first couple of times I went, the cab drivers would say that they knew where it was and then half an hour later started hailing other cabs for directions. It took longer to get there than if I had bought a map and walked. Be careful too, because the street changes names at some point.

Fiesta Mama

Bronze
Jan 28, 2004
Thank you all for your information - very good directions. The trip is over and done and luckily the cab driver knew exactly where it was!