movie theaters

Scrammy520

Feb 9, 2005
does anyone know where a good movie theater is in santo domingo? i went to a really nice one once right across from an ocean front view, but i have no idea where it is.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Just grab the daily paper (maybe even online) and the listings for the 3 (?) theaters are in there and their location.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Look in any newspaper's 'cartelera' section - there are more than two or three.

The one you mentioned on the Malecon, the ones in Acropolis, Bella Vista and Diamond Malls, the one on 27 de Febrero between Lincoln and Churchill, as well as in the Zona Oriental.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
This practical advice would apply in every city in the world more or less - phone books are another "secret" method.

helpmann

On Vacation!
May 18, 2004
Zona Oriental

Chirimoya said:
Look in any newspaper's 'cartelera' section - there are more than two or three.

The one you mentioned on the Malecon, the ones in Acropolis, Bella Vista and Diamond Malls, the one on 27 de Febrero between Lincoln and Churchill, as well as in the Zona Oriental.

The Zona Oriental Theatres: (If you know more please add)

1) Palacio on Venezuela Ave.
2) Megacentro Mall on San Vicente Ave.

-Helpmann

helpmann

On Vacation!
May 18, 2004
Let's Go To The Movies!!

Ricardo900 said:
do they dub all the movies, or use subtitles??
It's a mix. Recent releases and action films are almost always in English w/ Spanish subtitles. Childrens films and cartoons are almost always dubbed in Spanish (no subtitles). You have to call in advance or ask when you arrive to get details on every film.

-Helpmann

riravaga

Feb 24, 2005
I hate the movies that are dubbed by spanish, the voices seem don't belong to the actors and actrisses.