bocs chica bars

JVShilo

May 7, 2005
Does anyone know of any bars outside the Hamaca Coral that would be worth checking out. son decided to travel with us.

Victor Laszlo

Bronze
Aug 24, 2004
Since you're a Grandparent, I assume the reference to your son means that he's interested in a little nightlife. Many of the bars in BC were shut down in a crackdown on prostitution in January.

http://www.dr1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37583

The Burbujas disco down at the other end of Duarte is open, but you do realize that Boca Chica is a hooker haven, right?

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
Last time I was down there early March, the owner of Route 66 said he's gonna re-open in a month or so. I guess those slot machines are bringing enough pesos ;) But serious, if 66 is open, its a good bar for foreigners.

andyt

May 28, 2003
The Boat House

I was there in early May the Boat house ( it is the bar on the beach that is the shape of a boat) was a nice bar. A number of forgeiners, had sports on tv and 1 or two pool tables. There also is a tour company that for about $35
takes people at night to the malecon and then to a disco in santo domingo. I think the trip is about 4 hours total. Th

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
Ricardo900 said:
Last time I was down there early March, the owner of Route 66 said he's gonna re-open in a month or so. I guess those slot machines are bringing enough pesos ;) But serious, if 66 is open, its a good bar for foreigners.

YEAH!!! i ALWAYS like 66!!! Not to many working girls...and a nice mix of tourists and some locals...and important for me...a couple of pool tables!!!

Now...what ever happened to the great bbq chicken place???

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
What next?

First they take those beautiful Haitian "Paint by number" paintings from Duarte....... now the chickens? I envision a jail cell with chickens running around with cheesy paintings covering the walls.

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
jrzyguy said:
Now...what ever happened to the great bbq chicken place???
If you're talking about the rotisserie (not BBQ) chicken place across from Gibby's (n?e Madhouse), the guy went out of business. The owner of El Caucho bought the machines but now charges triple the price.

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
Tamborista said:
Rellosk:

Cuanto cuesta para un pollo o un media pollo @ Caucho?
Yo no recuerdo exactamente. Estaba all? octubre o diciembre y yo piensan cost? RD750 para 2 pollos con yuca.

JVShilo

May 7, 2005
buca chica

Victor Laszlo said:
Since you're a Grandparent, I assume the reference to your son means that he's interested in a little nightlife. Many of the bars in BC were shut down in a crackdown on prostitution in January.

http://www.dr1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37583

The Burbujas disco down at the other end of Duarte is open, but you do realize that Boca Chica is a hooker haven, right?

No but I do now never been to this part. too late now found your forum to late hope to still have a good time.

Victor Laszlo

Bronze
Aug 24, 2004
I hope so, too

By the way, the one does not necessarily preclude the other. In fact, some seem to feel quite the opposite. :eek: