Kitchener Waterloo Intl Airport

BrasdeLait

Mar 13, 2005
Had a quick tour of this new intl airport in K-W area of southwestern, ontario (canada). come this winter, the carriers going there will be offering direct flights to caribbean, including one assumes, the DR. likely suspects will be skyservice, air transat. convenient for avoiding toronto for this area of more than 1/2 million people.

Dwight

Oct 2, 2004
KW-Airport

Beginning December 22'nd Sunquest will be offering packages twice a week to Veradero and Cancun only. (This is a trial). I live here and hope the service does well....maybe they'll expand....and have trips to D.R. too!!!!!

I would love to avoid the 1am pick-up and drive into Toronto to catch the 6am flight...lol. A 1 hour drive.....then 4hours waiting and standing in line!

Dwight

Dwight

la_barbie

Bronze
May 6, 2004
BrasdeLait said:
Had a quick tour of this new intl airport in K-W area of southwestern, ontario (canada). come this winter, the carriers going there will be offering direct flights to caribbean, including one assumes, the DR. likely suspects will be skyservice, air transat. convenient for avoiding toronto for this area of more than 1/2 million people.

I live less than 5 mins away from it.... starting Dec 22 (i believe thats the date) they will be flying to mexico and cuba for a trial run of 15-16 weeks via. sunquest

but no DR yet !! dammit !.. although my friend has a really small plane that he keeps there and offered to fly me there.... I'd rather walk than take the chance in it !

la_barbie

Bronze
May 6, 2004
Flights are on a trial period between Dec. 22 - Mar. 30 with flights only going to Cuba and Mexico for now ...

la_barbie

Bronze
May 6, 2004
Article in the paper today announced that there is a second charter flight (180 passengers) being planned to take off from Breslau, but no word yet from Sunquest on the destination and when it will start...

... pretty damn sweet for us in K-town if it went to DR

Dwight

Oct 2, 2004
New Carrier

It's my understanding that the New charter flights will be operated by Signature Vacations.

I've never travelled with them and don't know their destinations....but, you're right...D.R. would be GREAT! ( for those of us that live here..haha!) ;)

Dwight