La Ensenada Beach..

ZEUS

Bronze
Feb 14, 2003
The best beach is la Ensenada, if you can get there.. From santiago head to La Linea, then go to 'el cruce de guayacanes' (I think that's the name). Last time I was there in 2003, the road was not in good condition, but once you get there, this place is a piece of heaven. The sand, the water !!. Perhaps my dear friend, HB can add more to this.. HB, please help !!!!

Zeus (primus inter pares) ;)

Johy

Sep 15, 2003
www.worldisround.com
Is an amazing beach

I'll agree with you that is an amazing beach but I won't consider it the best of DR, one of the things that make it so great is also the seafood you can get there a lot cheaper than other places and really tasty, right on the beach.

I'll say that is on the top beaches of DR. Playa Rincon and Bah?a de las Aguilas are better than La Ensenada, but is definitely worth the visit there even with the road conditions, this beach is next to Punta Rus?a and the food in La Ensenada is really great.

Johy ;)

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
No, but it can be a help at times

The roads are rocks and mud.

Dusty when dry and hell when wet. So a 4 x 4 is a great thing to have.

The road in from Villa Elisa is much improved but still not perfect for about the last one-third.

La Ensenada is a great beach for people that can't swim. You can go out about 4oo yards and still be in water up to your navel.

One of my favorite beaches is Sos?a. But it is best to be a swimmer there. Rincon is great too. So is Playa Grande.

And the beach behind El Morro is something to experience, except on really windy days...

HB :p

Jun 5, 2004
ZEUS said:
The best beach is la Ensenada, if you can get there.. From santiago head to La Linea, then go to 'el cruce de guayacanes' (I think that's the name). Last time I was there in 2003, the road was not in good condition, but once you get there, this place is a piece of heaven. The sand, the water !!. Perhaps my dear friend, HB can add more to this.. HB, please help !!!!

Zeus (primus inter pares) ;)

What a paradise I would give anything to be there.