Dominican Visa Requirements for Spain

Fiesta Mama

Bronze
Jan 28, 2004
Does anyone know the visa requirements for Dominicans to go to Spain (for a vacation)? I am pretty sure it is not one of those countries where Dominicans can just get on a plane and go there for a vacation without a tourist visa, etc. for entrance. My question applies to a Dominican who is already a permanent resident of Canada and wants to visit Spain (originating from Canada - not the DR). I have tried to find this information on the internet under Spain's website but I have had no luck in tracking down the right information. In addition to giving feedback, if anyone has the web link to Spain's website on this, I would much appreciate it. As a last resort, I can call the Spanish Embassy in Canada but I thought I would try here first since someone usually has the answer. Thanks.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
/ 15MAY05 / 1438 UTC

National DOMINICAN REPUBLIC (DO)
Residence CANADA (CA) /Destination SPAIN (ES)

SPAIN (ES)

Passport required (must be valid at least 3 months beyond
expiry date of visa).

Visa required.

Visitor must hold:
- visible means of support during stay; and
- onward or return ticket and documents required for next

destination.

Non-compliance with the entry regulations may result

in fines between EUR 6,025.- and EUR 60,240.-.

Minors travelling accompanied by parent or legal guardian:
- up to/incl. 15 years old can be included in a parent's
passport but must be accompanied by that passport holder;
- all minors from 16 up to 18 years of age must hold their own
passport or National Identity Card.

Minors up to 18 years of age (from all countries) and
travelling unaccompanied must hold:
1. Passport; or
2. National Identity Card, and

exit form from country of origin certified by the parent(s)

or legal guardian. This certified exit form must be

legalized by their local authorities, e.g. police,

immigration authorities, etc.

For travel within the Schengen area: travel documents are not
generally required for travel within the Schengen area for
immigration purposes, however, it is strongly recommended that

the minor be in possession of the exit form, as passengers may
be subject to random checks.

Timaticweb Version 1.3
15 May 2005

Fiesta Mama

Bronze
Jan 28, 2004
Sky

Thank you for that information. Where it says a passport is required for entry is that a Dominican passport because if a person is a permanent resident of Canada and not a citizen they will not have a Canadian passport.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Fiesta Mama said:
Thank you for that information. Where it says a passport is required for entry is that a Dominican passport because if a person is a permanent resident of Canada and not a citizen they will not have a Canadian passport.

They need their DR passport since that is all they have and a tourist visa from Spain in advance of boarding. That part may be tough.

JC171

Oct 20, 2002
Visa requierements

Yes a Dominican Citizen living in Canada will need a visa to enter Spain,but the easier isnt that hard to obtain..definatly much easier than for a dominican living in DR

my friend recently went to get her spanish visa in Newyork (which Im sure it has the same requierements as in Canada)

and they asked for

a Roundtrip ticket
Her resident card
Passport

Hotel reservation
and a Bank statement proving she had fund in the bank
or if she didnt have a bank account she could bring it in form of travelors checks

she wanted a visa for 10 days..and they gave her one for 60 days

No major problems...Most dominicans already living in Canada/USA wont go to spain to live illegally when they could have a better life where they reside
if you have any questions feel free to send me a message

Ladybird

Bronze
Dec 15, 2003
dreamteamdownloads1.com
Lots of paperwork and proof needed

Kim,

Im sorry to say that the visa requirements for Spain are as stringent as any other country in the EEC. If he doesnt have a Canadian passport, the requirements are the same as a Dominican travelling to any part of Europe, USA, Canada. etc., Good luck.

Fiesta Mama

Bronze
Jan 28, 2004
Thank you all for your help. I will contact the Spanish Embassy in Canada for more information.

Last edited: