Spending a Day at Boca Chica

ginaceci

Mar 9, 2004
Could someone tell me what are the options and prices to get from the Intercontinental Hotel to Boca chica? I will be traveling with my husband and 10 year old son. I will like to go to boca chica sometime in the morning and come back in the afternoon.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Taxe a taxi from the stand there - negotiate a firm price- maybe $30-$40 or so (it has been a while) and then you can do the same in Boca Chica from the cab stand near the Hamaca at the bottom of the hill. Or for a lot less you can use guaguas . I wouldn't. But there are a lot of the expresos to the park in "downtown" Boca Chica near the beach. I think 40-50 pesos each way. Some air conditioned.

You might be able to hire a taxi for the day for about $75 and he'd just hang out in BC while you were there.

The "posted" rates are negotiable.

ginaceci

Mar 9, 2004
ricktoronto said:
Taxe a taxi from the stand there - negotiate a firm price- maybe $30-$40 or so (it has been a while) and then you can do the same in Boca Chica from the cab stand near the Hamaca at the bottom of the hill. Or for a lot less you can use guaguas . I wouldn't. But there are a lot of the expresos to the park in "downtown" Boca Chica near the beach. I think 40-50 pesos each way. Some air conditioned.

You might be able to hire a taxi for the day for about $75 and he'd just hang out in BC while you were there.

The "posted" rates are negotiable.

The idea of hiring a taxi for a day sounds good. Thank you!!!!

ricktoronto

Jan 9, 2002
ginaceci said:
The idea of hiring a taxi for a day sounds good. Thank you!!!!

Haggle, haggle , haggle. Fix a price and if you are not going to do a lot of sightseeing, tell the driver - if he knows the gas is only to and from and not a lot else you can lower the price vs. driving all over the map.

NotLurking

Bronze
Jul 21, 2003
Sto Dgo Este
Just FYI

ginaceci said:
Could someone tell me what are the options and prices to get from the Intercontinental Hotel to Boca chica? I will be traveling with my husband and 10 year old son. I will like to go to boca chica sometime in the morning and come back in the afternoon.

I just called a cab service here and asked for price from Intercontinental Hotel to Boca chica and was quoted RD$650. That's about US$23. US$75 for the day as sugested by ricktoronto sounds fair. Enjoy your trip!

NotLurking

ginaceci

Mar 9, 2004
NotLurking said:
I just called a cab service here and asked for price from Intercontinental Hotel to Boca chica and was quoted RD$650. That's about US$23. US$75 for the day as sugested by ricktoronto sounds fair. Enjoy your trip!

NotLurking

What cab service did you call?

NotLurking

Bronze
Jul 21, 2003
Sto Dgo Este
ginaceci said:
What cab service did you call?

Don't recall their name but here is their number 788-1111 . I called them just before I posted. If you like, call and tell them," We just called about 30 minutes ago about price from Intercontinental Hotel to Boca chica and you quoted us RD$650. Ok we'll take it, come get us! LOL hehe

NotLurking

Edit:
You'll have to talk to them In spanish not in english. Good Luck and enjoy your trip! :) :)

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
$RD 650 is an excellent price.
Its normally $30 US without haggling from a "hotel" taxi.
As the op said, be sure to haggle with any taxi, and confirm price to avoid a really nasty situation @ the end of the day! My driver is very reasonable and works in Gazcue if you want his number, PM me. He only speaks Espanol.

Last edited:

ricktoronto

Jan 9, 2002
You MUST requote their own quote as they are famous (Boca Chica too) for having a whole new fresh price when the gringos apear at the cab stand - then you can say, gee that's funny , 10 minutes ago on the phone is was RD$650 and RD$650 it shall be. Andale!