Trip to Samana

theking383

May 17, 2005
Hello all---

I am flying into Santiago with my girlfriend on the Jet Blue flight on Saturday, June 4th and am heading to Las Galeras. A taxi looks the quickest but at ~$150 for the taxi, a bus would be nicer, and I would appreciate anyone who could give me some leads.

I saw the post on 3-14-2005 "Closest Airport to Samana" which mentioned taking a bus from Santiago to Sanchez (leaving at 7, 8, 13, 14) and then taking a bus from Sanchez to Samana.

This looks like a potentially good option, but the post didn't say which bus company ran this route, where to catch the bus, or how long it would take. I have e-mailed Caribe twice in Spanish with no luck. I would appreciate anyone who has more info about this option or any tenable weekend bus from Santiago to somewhere near to Las Galeras where I could catch a cheaper taxi.

Thanks!

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Do a search

See the "Search" function up there?

Write in: "Bus to Saman?"

Look for a post by Hillbilly that tells you of the times and where it is and so forth.

As you come in on Jet Blue, you will have to find a place to stay for a few hours. Either sleep there at the airport and get a bus at 6:30 a.m. or find a motel and pay for a few hours of rest.

A taxi into Santiago or most other places close by will cost you RD$450 ($16 or
$17) . You could rest at the Hotel Colonial for a few hours, and walk to the bus stop..

Check it out..

Later

HB :p