Boca Chica Nightlife

Olivier

May 18, 2005
Hi. I will be in Santo Domingo for Business Mid June. It will be my first time in the DR. I also was planning to spend a few days in Boca Chica (Wed - Friday) to enjoy the beach and party at night. Now I've heart that most bars in Boca Chica are closed down and it would be pretty dead there. Is that true or just a rumor? Any recommendations where to stay, where to go etc. I lived a few years in Spain, so my Spanish is fluent. Thank you for your input!

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
It is true. All the late-night bars on Duarte (the main drag) were closed down in February. The main disco on Duarte was also closed. Last I heard (secondhand) everything is still closed. I will be passing through BC this weekend and will let you know if everything is still closed.

Being that you speak Spanish fluently, you are probably better off staying in Santo Domingo and going to one of the clubs there.

Olivier

May 18, 2005
too bad

Thank you. Would be great if you could let me know next week. So perhaps I am just gonna spend 2 quiet days on the beach and than head back to Santo Domingo for the nightlife. Any suggestions where to go in Santo Domingo?