Best way to get a cheap rate at a hotel?

carcol

Mar 9, 2004
Hi,
just wondering how I can get a cheap rate at a hotel in Santiago.
My uncle just stayed at that Aloha Sol which I have stayed at before, I don't need much so this is fine........he paid about $76 a night.... 2,186.33 pesos a night. This seems high to me considering I paid about $40 a night 2 years ago...
Any advice how I should approach getting a good cheap rate? Should I call the hotel and speak spanish? Try to disguise myself as their own?

MrNiceGuy

Sep 12, 2004
Explore

Try checking into one hotel by the night. Then walk around and check some local spots until you find one you like at a better rate.

If you like the place but the price is too high tell them. Maybe they will cut you a deal.

I was able to find suitable accomondations in Higuey for 400 pesos per night. Good for a single person that just needs a place to sleep and shower. I didn't stay, I was just exploring.

Always good to have a backup plan... ;)

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
carcol said:
Hi,
just wondering how I can get a cheap rate at a hotel in Santiago.
My uncle just stayed at that Aloha Sol which I have stayed at before, I don't need much so this is fine........he paid about $76 a night.... 2,186.33 pesos a night. This seems high to me considering I paid about $40 a night 2 years ago...
Any advice how I should approach getting a good cheap rate? Should I call the hotel and speak spanish? Try to disguise myself as their own?
A lot of hotels have real cheap rates for residents. If you are one call and ask. I do much better that way.