Lago Enriquillo question...

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
I want to check out Lago Enriquillo on my next trip, but more than likely I will be flying solo-I was planning on taking a native with me, but sometimes girls can be high maintenance on trips like this. Any suggestions on how to get there and where to stay? I will be going by bus from Santo Domingo, but I do not know which bus lines goes to that part of the DR. and if there are any hotels near the entrance to the place. HELP!!! :nervous:

hugoke01

Dec 31, 2004
Lago Enriquilo

I visited this lake last year ..but can only recommend to go by car .. you could prbably go by bus to Barahona or Vicente Noble or Tamayo and maybe from there with another bus to Neiba but don't know whether you can continue by bus once passed Neiba . The lake is really big so if you want to see it you have to drive around it or around part of it ..Have not seen any hotels close to it ..
Berzin said:
I want to check out Lago Enriquillo on my next trip, but more than likely I will be flying solo-I was planning on taking a native with me, but sometimes girls can be high maintenance on trips like this. Any suggestions on how to get there and where to stay? I will be going by bus from Santo Domingo, but I do not know which bus lines goes to that part of the DR. and if there are any hotels near the entrance to the place. HELP!!! :nervous:

Keith R

"Believe it!"
Jan 1, 2002
www.temasactuales.com
Possible alternative to renting a car: Take a mini-bus from SD to Duverge, which is right by the lake. The mini-buses leave regularly from just off Av. Mexico near the Huacual and not far from the Puente Mella. Ask around. Bus trip to Duverge takes about 3 hours (used to take 4 before road from Barahona was paved) -- doesn't cost much, but is usually crowded and not air conditioned. :rolleyes: Once in Duverge, you should be able to find someone to take you to the lake....