resturant in boca chica

heavennsangel

Mar 15, 2005
I'm visiting my boyfriends family for the first time in the first week in June.I'm taking his sister and her kids out to dinner can you guys recomend a place.thanks so much :)

Badussy

*** Sin Bin ***
Feb 18, 2005
heavennsangel said:
I'm visiting my boyfriends family for the first time in the first week in June.I'm taking his sister and her kids out to dinner can you guys recomend a place.thanks so much :)

Well all the restaurants on Calle Duarte are good only that the prices are grossly out of hand. It would be better to find a nice place in SD instead. But if your boyfriend is dominican maybe he can get them to show u the non tourist menu.

buseouno

Feb 22, 2005
heavennsangel said:

As Badussy said almost all places in Boca Chica are grossly overpriced apart from places like the little Chinese place on Duarte, the Pizza place just west of the park and others away from the typical tourist traps.
A mile or so away in Andres there are some well priced places.
Besides, if your boyfriend is Dominican, he should know of some good places at reasonable prices.
Have fun.
Ken

rafael

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
www.dr-tourist.tv
Try the italian restaurant at el caucho. A short walk from the beach and the prices seemed decent to me. Heck on the other ends of the scale, the kids might dig Burger King! Neptunos is a great place but is even more pricey than the duarte places.

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
Try Da Nancy. Not much to look at...and nooooo..not the cheapest place in town....but not terribly pricey (dinner for 4 with wine appetizers and four plates of the special seafood with rice...lagostino, camerones, calamari etc) ran us 2000 pesos (two years ago...before the peso mess up).

Still...not a bad deal...it is not on duarte so you wont be bothered with street people. Stick with the specials...as the regular menu is pretty ordinary.