re:Susanne/coconut drip

T

tony

re:Susanne/coconut drip

Thank you, Susanne, I thought a sterile drip was an intervenus, but it was late and I wasn't sure. Could you either direct me to where I might find some of the recipes you referred to? : "in some countries the coconut is the main source of nutrition - much like rice is in other countries. It can be main ingredient in a multitude of recipes and depending on how you treat it, you would never know it all came from the same plant."

Of course I know about coconut rice, and cooking fish in coconut sauce made by grinding up coconut and washing it through a strainer with water until it is a milky fluid. But what other ways are there, especcially ones to survive with it as a staple. Would Dominicanos, campesinos, back when the meat was dried into "copra" and sold by the pound to make many products of, have used any of these recipes as a staple in their diet? or would that "only be" in the larger coconut producing countries?

Thanks again, Tony

S

Susanne

Hi again,

It sounds as if you know how to cook with coconut as well as I do or even better.

I am afraid I have reached the limit of what I know about coconuts (apart from the old silly song) but I have found a web site that might help you along. I hope it will be useful.

Regards, Susanne

T

tony

thanks, Susanne, for the page on coconuts. I looked for a page like this some time ago and did not find one. regards, Tony