JCE objects to Protestant weddings???????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rick Snyder

Silver
Nov 19, 2003
I think yesterdays DR1 news article concerning the JCE?s insistence on getting involved with wedding ceremonies is strange and at the same time stupid. In a country where over half of the couples living together do so without the legal papers of matrimony it only makes sense to help facilitate the marriage. Up until last year a licensed government official or the Catholic Church could only marry couples. Last year the law was changed to allow other religious denominations to conduct the ceremony.

Regardless of who conducts the ceremony the license is purchased from the state and filed by the state. As the marriage ceremony has enormous legal implications within state of law it shouldn?t matter who performs the ceremony as the state has the final word, through its laws, on such things as relationships, names, inheritance issues, nationality, parental authority and other issues. No religion can dictate otherwise.

With a license in hand a Dominican female has an easier time of getting the courts and legal system to help her if her spouse, after implanting a few babies in her, should decide to vacate for greener pastures.

Am I wrong in my thinking? ;) ;) ;)

roncomp

Jul 13, 2008
Hello,Rick,

We are on holiday in Playa Dorada first two weeks in September and now feel we would like to get married when we are there.
Unfortunately it could not involve the Roman Catholic Church, but we need to have a religious rather than a civil ceremony, we are both Church of Scotland but would would welcome any suggestions or alternatives you could offer.We hope to hear from you soon Thank you Ron and Norah

Status
Not open for further replies.