Verizon.net.do users!!!!

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
I have just done a quich search through recent posts & didn't see any reference to Verizon & viruses, so am posting as below. Sorry for the duplication if you have already seen it elswhere & I missed it.

To all of you using the verizon.net.do ISP please be aware of a number of virus messages being put out in their name!!

I have received 4 (FOUR) e-mails in the last 3 hours from a mixture of Service@verizon, Administrator@verizon each telling me of problems with my account at verizon. They are fairly easy to detect because the sender has made a couple of basic mistakes :
1) they are trying to be helpful ( VERIZON?? HELPFUL???????)
2) they are trying to look ahead at problems (Ditto above)
3) they are in ENGLISH!!!!!! Whoever heard of Verizon.net.do sending e-mail advices in ENGLISH???

So, take care with any/all verizon.net.do e-mails you open up for the next couple of weeks please & run a virus check/scan constantly!! ~ GWB.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
rellosk said:
Is it a virus or just someone phishing?

On advice from Verizon hotline in Santo Domingo (who already knew of this when I phoned them to advise) I just got rid of it immediately - didn't open, didn't look at it & CERTAINLY did not open the attachment where they said all the information was. Norton came up with a virus announcement & deleted at the same time. As the Boss Says .......... "Damage Control" ..... & it WENT!!! ~ Grahame.

Texas Bill

Silver
Feb 11, 2003
www.texasbill.com
Reference Bushbaby's post----

For the past 3 weeks I have been innundated with many, many messages with a dot-pt ending. All are disguised as official communications from Dutch, German and Polish (or Russians). I don't have any idea of what the messages were about because I immediately deleted them. They have slowed down a bit over the past few days, but there for a while they numbered about 2025 per day.

Texas Bill

quejeyoke

Jun 20, 2004
as a rule of thumb, don't Ever open any email containing an attachment from anyone you don't know, 'cause that's where your jack-in-the-box could spring out from. It helps to have an antivirus program watching your hard drive if you're on Windows and you value your HD info.

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
There is info on this on www.verizon.net.do and the problems they have had with what Bushbaby posted.
They also suggest you mark the " My server requires authentication" in your Outlook. ( Tools, accounts, mark account and chose "properties", chose "servers" and mark the "My server requires..." and OK.)

Also good to use a firewall and anitvirus of course!
But I get less now, don?t know if it because it actually is less crap sent now or if the advices on Verizons website helped.