How to get a visa to visist USA

gdfz

May 4, 2005
Hello, I have a good friend who lives and is employed in DR. What ways might she use to get a visa to vacation or even study here in the us. I know it is very difficult, but is there a site where i can get unequivocal info on what the requirements to obtain a visa , thankyou

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
NotLurking said:
Hey, don't ask me! I just provided a link! :eek: :eek: :bandit:

NotLurking

And a very good link it is. I've saved it in case someone asks for it in future.

I think scandall is kind of kidding around because one of hillbilly's rules is that they should already have a visa to travel. ;)

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
gdfz said:
Hello, I have a good friend who lives and is employed in DR. What ways might she use to get a visa to vacation or even study here in the us. I know it is very difficult, but is there a site where i can get unequivocal info on what the requirements to obtain a visa , thankyou

Just realize that 99.9% of the time you will pay a fee, wait forever and they will say no. This good friend have property a lot of money in the bank, etc? If not you are wasting the money. I think it is over $100 as well.

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
ricktoronto said:
... wait forever and they will say no.
I don't believe the wait for the appointment or for the answer takes too long. I believe it's only a few weeks for the former and immediately (especially if the answer is no) for the latter.

ricktoronto

Jan 9, 2002
rellosk said:
I don't believe the wait for the appointment or for the answer takes too long. I believe it's only a few weeks for the former and immediately (especially if the answer is no) for the latter.

The emphasis being the answer will be no. They should screen these applicants and say no for $10 since this is a mean way to collect money.

Timex

Bronze
May 9, 2002
windeguy said:
Does anyone have any experience were someone not sponsored by a family member already living in the US has gotten a visitors visa in the past few years?

I got one for my kids Nanny, a 21 year old, single woman, no kids, no property, no bank account.

Now the Masseuse, Mechanic, Cook, Gardner, Handy-lady, want to get one.

The link.

U.S. Visa_ Click Here.

She now has her, EAD- SS#.

Tim H. :smoke:

Last edited:

ricktoronto

Jan 9, 2002
So...to the OP: hire her as a nanny first. If you have no kids rent a few. Take pictures with them and the nanny (use Photoshop).

twincactus

Aug 9, 2004
www.dominicanstotheusa.com
Someone else .....

My sister in law and her husband got one. They just got back from the US on their first trip. They don't own a house but they both have good jobs in the capitol and they own a new automobile. It's true you can get one if they feel you have a reason to come back even if you don't have much. I wouldn't suggest going to the US and trying to adjust status to emmigrate though.

-Tim

boca chica dave

Sep 25, 2004
Luck of the Draw?

twincactus said:
My sister in law and her husband got one. They just got back from the US on their first trip. They don't own a house but they both have good jobs in the capitol and they own a new automobile. It's true you can get one if they feel you have a reason to come back even if you don't have much. I wouldn't suggest going to the US and trying to adjust status to emmigrate though.

-Tim
Tim, What was their secret to getting the visa?