Shopping in the Heights

principe

Nov 19, 2002
Where in the "Heights" can I find authentic masks de diablo cojuelo, and what's a ball park price. Thanks in advance.

El prinicipe de dr1

principe said:
Where in the "Heights" can I find authentic masks de diablo cojuelo, and what's a ball park price. Thanks in advance.

El prinicipe de dr1

I don't know of any place that sells them but if you go to Alliansa Dominicana it is located at west 176 street and Wadsworth ave and ask them. They make masks every year for the Dominican parade and maybe able to have one made for you or sell you one. Ask nicely ;)
Badpiece

principe

Nov 19, 2002
thanx

badpiece thanx i did not realize it would be such a difficult item to get anyhow platano now that you bring it up was inwood heights always called that or is it to somehow distinguish a nicer part or town???

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
Hey principe...

I will be in that part of town today so I will go and inquire for you. PEACE!!!!

p1atan0

May 25, 2004
Inwood Heights

Inwood Heights has always been called that since I can remember, Its what we like to call New York's best kept secret. Just North of Washington Heights starting arround 190th street (where Jubilee is located) and ending on Broadway bridge on 219th street.(where Bakers Field is located) Some call it Dyckman area, but its INWOOD. Although some beg to differ and claim that part of the Bronx is Manhattan because if you look at a subway map and look losely at the county line, you will see that the marble hill section of the bronx is also part of manhattan making that part of the Bronx also Inwood.