transportation from cuba to DR

roux

Jun 7, 2005
Hi

I plan my holiday for september and I cannot find any transport - flight or boat- from Cuba to Dominican Republic. can someone help with some advise?
I plan to go to Cuba for 10 days and from there to DR for a week.

thanks a lot

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Cubana flies from Santiago de Cuba and Havana to Santo Domingo. Caribair recently introduced flights from Santiago de Cuba to Santiago (DR).

daydream

Bronze
Sep 19, 2004
hansbert said:
The flights (twice per week) from Santiago de Cuba to SDQ are operated by Aerocaribbean (another Cuban airline)

Do you know what days of the week they fly?

Thanks
Daydream

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
roux said:
Hi

I plan my holiday for september and I cannot find any transport - flight or boat- from Cuba to Dominican Republic. can someone help with some advise?
I plan to go to Cuba for 10 days and from there to DR for a week.

thanks a lot

You will find that it is quite difficult to look for airfares on the typical sites such as Expedia, even if you are in Canada or the UK and use their websites to shop, as Expedia won't show flights to Cuba. See a travel agent for a Cubana flight. If you are in the US even a travel agent won't help since it is basically illegal to sell flights to Cuba.

You should say where you are now , which would be a help. I would be loath to fly on Cubana at all, but I know from Canada they are forced to use non-Russian aircraft as the Canadian government wont allow the Ilyushin's etc., in our airspace due to the falling apart problem typical of that type of plane.

You may find this whole thing easier to fly to the DR, then a round trip DR/Cuba and return from the DR.

roux

Jun 7, 2005
Thanks a lot, it is very helpful. I was indeed looking on the usual international travel sites and was surprised i could not find anything...
We will fly from Amsterdam - The Netherlands to Cuba, but maybe you are right in this case - we better think of going first to DR...
many thanks to all

STIOP

Jun 11, 2004
hey....

You can try caribair...
They travel 3 times a wee from Santiago in DR to Santiago De Cuba.... wound trip.....

i will try to get their phone number for u

take care

STIOP

helpmann

On Vacation!
May 18, 2004
Cubana Airlines

Was in Cuba in March. Have a good time!!!

-Helpmann

LOGISTICS:
1. Cubana airlines flys between Havana and Santo Domingo (SDQ) on Thursdays and Sundays. [SDQ->Havana: Thr/Sun: 1:35pm - 3:30pm; Havana->SDQ Thr/Sun: 9:55am - 12:05pm]
2. COST: US$409 + US$20 (tourist card) + US$20 (departure tax) = US$449.00 cash
3. The round-trip ticket was bought at the Cubana airlines check-in desk at Las Americas 2 hours before the flight (the Cubana SDQ desk is only open the day of departure, 2-3 hours before the flight lifts off.)
4. The ticket was purchased by a man working out of his suitcase, standing next to the check-in desk (I was directed by a Cubana employee at the check-in desk to purchase my ticket from him.)
5. I checked-in approx. 90lbs of luggage (2 suitcases) and brought one carry-on. On the return flight, I could only check-in 30 Kilos of luggage. I was 13 Kilos overweight and was charged approx. US$4.50/lb (cost of US$60.)
6. Flight time: 2 hours on a Russian Jet (a meal was served, it was not very good :(.)
7. While passing through customs, I was questioned about my reasons for being in Cuba (leisure)
8. My passport was not stamped (it's a given that Cuban officials will not stamp US passports.)

santobonao

Bronze
Jun 3, 2003
www.telemundo.com
helpmann said:
Was in Cuba in March. Have a good time!!!

-Helpmann

LOGISTICS:
1. Cubana airlines flys between Havana and Santo Domingo (SDQ) on Thursdays and Sundays. [SDQ->Havana: Thr/Sun: 1:35pm - 3:30pm; Havana->SDQ Thr/Sun: 9:55am - 12:05pm]
2. COST: US$409 + US$20 (tourist card) + US$20 (departure tax) = US$449.00 cash
3. The round-trip ticket was bought at the Cubana airlines check-in desk at Las Americas 2 hours before the flight (the Cubana SDQ desk is only open the day of departure, 2-3 hours before the flight lifts off.)
4. The ticket was purchased by a man working out of his suitcase, standing next to the check-in desk (I was directed by a Cubana employee at the check-in desk to purchase my ticket from him.)
5. I checked-in approx. 90lbs of luggage (2 suitcases) and brought one carry-on. On the return flight, I could only check-in 30 Kilos of luggage. I was 13 Kilos overweight and was charged approx. US$4.50/lb (cost of US$60.)
6. Flight time: 2 hours on a Russian Jet (a meal was served, it was not very good :(.)
7. While passing through customs, I was questioned about my reasons for being in Cuba (leisure)
8. My passport was not stamped (it's a given that Cuban officials will not stamp US passports.)

you're from United states?