Tour to Haiti

csa

Apr 13, 2005
My wife and I want to do a day tour to Haiti from Sosua. Can anybody give me info on this? We have seen a few tours, but need more advice/info. Thanks!

Badussy

*** Sin Bin ***
Feb 18, 2005
Sorry I don't have any direct info. But i drove there from Santo Domingo with a sankie and had a great time.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
csa said:
My wife and I want to do a day tour to Haiti from Sosua. Can anybody give me info on this? We have seen a few tours, but need more advice/info. Thanks!

Take anti-malaria precautions and make sure your will is up to date.

Squat

Tropical geek in Las Terrenas
Jan 1, 2002
Labadie tip

I recommend the Labadie area, which is located behind Cap Haitien.
Here's the email from Father John, he's the priest there, from Canada, and also has a guest-house :
jjcduarte@yahoo.com

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Are there organised tours from the DR at the moment? There used to be some that cross the border at Dajabon and take tourists to La Citadelle, but I would not think it is recommended right now, due to the increased insecurity in Haiti.

There are currently travel advisories for US citizens as well as other nationalities that state it is not a good idea to travel to Haiti. If there are organised tours they might know what they are doing, but if you are considering an independent trip, I would say - think again.

The road from the border to Cap-Haitien and the Citadelle is extremely rough - it takes about three or four hours to cover the relatively short distance, so it would be a very tiring day trip. Travel after dark is extremely risky.

May 12, 2005
csa said:

Why??? Do you have a death wish??? :eek: