Does racism exist in D.R???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
T.O.N.Y said:
Most of my Dominican friends tell me that racism in D.R is rarely encountered.But, I just read this article, and i'm :eek:
http://www.nathanielturner.com/kiiniiburasalaam2.htm

That woman will go through her whole life playing the victum. She blames the fact that no one in the discoteque asked her to dance on her 'bad hair' but they asked her black friends with 'good hair' to dance so that translates into racism? Give me a break. Maybe it was her attitude that kept them away. She acknowledges that she dresses differently (in African garb) and looked differently but blames not being immediately accepted and embraced by EVERYONE on racism. I realize that there is a lot of racism in the DR but there is racism EVERYWHERE on ALL sides. I'll bet you that behind closed doors, that woman is the biggest racist of all. She is just looking for a sucker audience to listen to her whine about how 'unfiar' life is for her. That woman goes out SEEKING racism just so she can whine about it. She is the kind of person that if one person in 100 rejects her for whatever reason she will claim, "it must be because I am black" Well, no my dear, it is because you are an azzhole.

Larry

Status
Not open for further replies.