Internet Cafes in Puerto Plata

Status
Not open for further replies.

daydream

Bronze
Sep 19, 2004
Can anyone tell me where I can find an internet cafe in Puerto Plata and how much it costs per hour?

Many thanks
Daydream

Nov 5, 2004
Not sure bout in POP...but in Luperon its 20 pesos for 1/2 hour and 40 pesos for an hour.

It's a slow connection though..and it will randomly just stop working.

I assume POP has better internet?...and I think internet cafe's are very common. You shouldn't ahve trouble finding a place.

Where in POP are you and your friends staying? In a resort? or in town?

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
I know there is a pharmacy on 12 de Julio on the way into Puerto Plata that offers low cost internet connections. They are open until late.

daydream

Bronze
Sep 19, 2004
PeachezNcream84 said:
Not sure bout in POP...but in Luperon its 20 pesos for 1/2 hour and 40 pesos for an hour.

It's a slow connection though..and it will randomly just stop working.

I assume POP has better internet?...and I think internet cafe's are very common. You shouldn't ahve trouble finding a place.

Where in POP are you and your friends staying? In a resort? or in town?

Hi PeachezNcream - we will be staying in town.

I was thinking about bringing my laptop with me but I am now wondering whether it's worth the hassle....

DD

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Best place for a laptop is Rocky's in Sosua. There you can connect to the Internet with your laptop (wireless). Lots of people go there so you can connect with people reading their emails and the Internet also.

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
Dolores said:
Best place for a laptop is Rocky's in Sosua. There you can connect to the Internet with your laptop (wireless). Lots of people go there so you can connect with people reading their emails and the Internet also.

The same setup is now available in Puerto Plata at the Field of Dreams Inn, directly across from the secondary entrance to Playa Dorada. Stop for a drink or a meal and get high-speed wireless internet access.

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Dot com is on 12 de Julio and is open long hours as indicated by Dolores. you can buy various packages of time. It isn't overly expensive and he is quite good there....

There are numerous other places as well. Where will you be staying? Mabye I can locate something closer to you.

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
sweetdbt said:
The same setup is now available in Puerto Plata at the Field of Dreams Inn, directly across from the secondary entrance to Playa Dorada. Stop for a drink or a meal and get high-speed wireless internet access.

Please email me their contact details (and who to email/call). We would like to get them as a client as for sure their service will be of much interest to our readers.

Write to dolores@dr1.com

daydream

Bronze
Sep 19, 2004
Thanks.....

Thank you all for your help.....

Planner - I will send you a PM!

Cheers
Daydream ;)

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
There are 2 internet caf?s on 12 de Julio in Puerto Plata

Dot com that Planner mentions allows connection of your own laptop.
They are open 8.30 - 8 Mon-Sat. The cost is 30 pesos per 30 min.
Fast connection.

The one Dolores mention, the pharmacy, is Virginia.
They are open til midnight all week. 30 min is 20 pesos. No laptops though and quite crowdy.
Fast connection.

Close to Tropical supermercado you have Compuclub, open long hours as well, on Avenida 27 de Febrero. 30 min 20 pesos.
Slow connection.

At Caribe Tours Bus station you have a small internet service of 3 computers.
30 min 20 pesos.
Slow connections, and computers often broken.

On Calle J F Kennedy, behind the Pharmacy Virginia you have another small internetcenter. Cost 30 min 20 pesos.
Open from 16-24 every day.
Fast connections.

At Sams Bar you have a computer. Fast connection.
40 pesos for 30 min, 60 pesos for 1 h.

daydream

Bronze
Sep 19, 2004
carina said:
There are 2 internet caf?s on 12 de Julio in Puerto Plata

Dot com that Planner mentions allows connection of your own laptop.
They are open 8.30 - 8 Mon-Sat. The cost is 30 pesos per 30 min.
Fast connection.

The one Dolores mention, the pharmacy, is Virginia.
They are open til midnight all week. 30 min is 20 pesos. No laptops though and quite crowdy.
Fast connection.

Close to Tropical supermercado you have Compuclub, open long hours as well, on Avenida 27 de Febrero. 30 min 20 pesos.
Slow connection.

At Caribe Tours Bus station you have a small internet service of 3 computers.
30 min 20 pesos.
Slow connections, and computers often broken.

On Calle J F Kennedy, behind the Pharmacy Virginia you have another small internetcenter. Cost 30 min 20 pesos.
Open from 16-24 every day.
Fast connections.

At Sams Bar you have a computer. Fast connection.
40 pesos for 30 min, 60 pesos for 1 h.

That's great - very useful info.

Thank you very much

Daydream

jellylegs2002

Apr 9, 2005
wireless in puerto plata

Where in puerto plata is there wireless connection?
is it only Rocky's and field of dreams inn?

Status
Not open for further replies.