Dance Lessons???

RoseSoleil

Dec 1, 2004
Hi Everyone,
I'm kind of new to this site, I've only ever posted once before but anyways... I've been to the DR many times and am intrigued by the dancing. I really want to learn how to dance Bachata. I'm very shy and embarassed when my friends try to get me to dance because I'm really not good, especially compared to them!!! So I would like to take lessons here at home so when I go back I can feel confident and surprise all of my friends. I'm a 21 year old female and live in London Ontario Canada... is there anyone in my area who is interested in giving Dance lessons or anyone who can point me in the right direction?
Thanks!

Marianopolita

Former Spanish forum Mod 2010-2021
Dec 26, 2003
TO salsa.com

RoseSoleil,

Well, I don't know what the Latin scene is like in London,Ont but your best bet is up the 401E. In Toronto you will have an infinite number of options in terms of Latin clubs and dance lessons although I am sincere when I say bachata dancing in Toronto in my opinion is nothing compared to Montreal. What I mean is you will definitely learn how to dance it in Toronto but Montreal bachateros are the best (bias aside).

Check out this website: http://www.tosalsa.com/welcome.html for a world of opportunities. Click on the link "instructors". Personally for bachata I think it's best to learn it from friends or a good dance partner. You can also send me a PM after you look at the link.

Good luck!

LDG.

Last edited:

caro

Sep 24, 2003
lesley d ,
can you suggest some dancing school here in montreal? thank.

Marianopolita

Former Spanish forum Mod 2010-2021
Dec 26, 2003
I used to take lessons in TO

Caro,

It turns out that many of the salsa instructors in Toronto are my friends so that's why I feel comfortable recommending the website that I did. I have never taken dance lessons in Montreal (yet) but many recommend this website for good dance lessons in MTL.

Check out:http://www.salsaspot.com/montreal/. Just click on instructors and view the choices you have. Also if you are interested in finding out about where to find good instructors and lessons go to Cactus (on a Friday night) on St.Denis (@ Mont-Royal). You will see good salsa dancers and just ask them. Don't be shy.

LDG.