Anyone here in Unibe?

Tony-O

Jun 11, 2005
Medicine

I'm in the last year, getting ready for residency specialty interviews this fall. Do you study dentistry or are you looking at applying to the program? It's rather good at UNIBE. Best, Tony

doctormom

May 25, 2005
unibe

hi, i am hoping to start at unibe in september or december at the latest. what type of residency are you applying for and where do you think you will go? how was the whole experience at unibe (are you american?) one thing i am having trouble finding out, do you know any american students with children living there and if so how are the kids being schooled? any info on this would be great, I reallly need advice on this one. thanks

Tony-O

Jun 11, 2005
hi doctormom

I will apply to residency programs for Family med and/or Internal med in the US southeast, but I prefer my home state of Florida. The medical school at UNIBE, or any other DR university, is fine if you are a commited student. The basic sciences (1st 2 years) were mostly good and I passed the US medical liscensing exam (step 1) shortly thereafter. The clinical clerkships are like most things in the DR, disorganised, sometimes inane but rarely dull. I personally know, or am acquainted with, over 100 UNIBE grads that are in US residency programs. It all depends on your commitment. There are some married students whom have children enrolled in private schools, so it's possible. I used to live near a public highschool and all I ever heard coming from the buildings was screaming and merengue. I think they produce good dancers but little else. Hope this helps, T

doctormom

May 25, 2005
unibe

thanks for the reply, all information on what I'm about to do helps. have you lived in the same place the whole time, if so, where? can you ask any of the students w/ kids which school they are sending their kids, if it's not too much trouble. I'm sure you're busy. congrats on the residency, anyone in your class matching for pathology? just curious, that's what i want to do, anatomical or surgical path only. anyway, it's good to hear confirmed what i already thought about unibe. thanks again

Beatnut

Jun 4, 2004
Tony, I'm 2nd year into Dentistry.

I got held back thanks to chemistry though; my orgo midterm is wednesday so you know how it is.