anybody know about the weather

chezzy

Jun 13, 2005
Hi heading down to porta plauta 25 june 2005 any one know if there are any huricains to report or what the weather is like this time of year.What can I expect down there.My daughter 15 and me cheryl 34 are going for a mother and daughter getaway. Can't wait any advise or do's and don't prices ect would be appreciated thanks Cheryl ;)

ggn420

Brain Doner
Apr 21, 2005
Hot

chezzy said:
Hi heading down to porta plauta 25 june 2005 any one know if there are any huricains to report or what the weather is like this time of year.What can I expect down there.My daughter 15 and me cheryl 34 are going for a mother and daughter getaway. Can't wait any advise or do's and don't prices ect would be appreciated thanks Cheryl ;)
THE WEATHER WILL BE HOT HOT HOT
THERE IS A THREAD DEDICATED TO WEATHER
GOOD LUCK IN PUERTO PLATA

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
HI Chezzy,

Check out the puerto plata weather thread. I report every day on what the current conditions are. Read back a few posts and you will see my answers to your questions regarding our weather expectations...

Now, check other threads too. There is all kinds of advice about the area, do's and don'ts, prices etc. Read a lot and then if you have unanswered questions don't hesitate to ask!

Don't worry you will have a wonderful time!!!

LorriEssex

May 30, 2007
Hi, we have been to Dominican Playa Dorada Twice, both times in February. However, this year we travel out on 4th June 2007 and looking at the weather we are wondering have we done the right thing ! Although not sure how much we want to take notice of the forecast it seems that it's rain, rain, rain, and if not cloudy and thunderstorms (Ouch) We obviously expect some rain, BUT is there any sunshine to go with this bad weather report?

We are sun worshippers so we are finding it really hard to imagine sitting on the beach in 90 degrees of MUG with cloud and overcast weather, is it really gonna be a wash out for us or is there some hope of some sunshine too.

Please if you can help, we would be very much appreciative.
We are also taking friends this time (First time to DR) and meeting our Canadian friends out there. Would hate for it to be a weather washout !

Cheers Tony and Lorraine X

Last edited:

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Tony & Lorraine,

Keep following the Puerto Plata weather thread for current conditions. It looks like the weather should start to clear up in the next few days.

This year May has been quite unusual. It will get better. You are arriving on my birthday.........and I have ordered good weather......... you should be safe.

Whatever the weather is, you can still have a great time on your vacation.