*** Bachata Concert-Frank Reyes*** in Montreal, QC

Marianopolita

Former Spanish forum Mod 2010-2021
Dec 26, 2003
For those who are interested:

Frank Reyes will be in concert on July 1 & 2 at Caballero Sport Club.

Here are the details:

Address: 7474 St-Hubert St., Montreal, Quebec

Price: $40 in advance $45 at the door

You can buy tickets at Supermarch? Estofa (and at other Latin establishments)./ Pueden comprar los billetes en el supermercado abajo (Supermarch? Estofa) y en varias tiendas latinas.

This is a first for Frank Reyes in concert in Canada and Montreal is the perfect place for his debut. If you like good sounding bachata come out and support this Dominican-Canadian event.

LDG.

Marianopolita

Dec 26, 2003
July 1 & 2

Just a reminder this concert is coming up this Friday and Sat. July 1 & 2. All the details above in my first post remain the same. If you are fan of Frank Reyes and his style of bachata needless to say this will be a worthwhile show.

Celebren la llegada del verano con nosotros. Directamente de la RD y por primera vez en Canad?. No se lo pierdan.

LDG.

Last edited:

Marianopolita

Dec 26, 2003
Some information about the concert

I am getting plenty of PMs and emails about the upcoming concert. I am glad to know that Frank Reyes has great fan support from Montreal, Ottawa and Toronto. Here is a link to some details about the concert from el chasqui latino.

It's only in Spanish but basically the suggested time to be there is 9PM if you want to have a table.

http://www.elchasquilatino.com/noti_espectaculos/index.htm

LDG.

Last edited:

RHM

Doctor of Diplomacy
Sep 23, 2002
www.thecandidacy.com
Frank Reyes is without a doubt the best Bachatero in the DR...nothing but good songs...a true classic.

I love all of his stuff.-- Scandall

Marianopolita

Dec 26, 2003
Scandall,

I could not agree with you more!

Scandall said:
Frank Reyes is without a doubt the best Bachatero in the DR...nothing but good songs...a true classic.

I love all of his stuff.-- Scandall

karina

Nov 5, 2003
Aventura??

Lesley,
DO you have any info on Aventura coming to montreal??? I heard it is around the 20th of July, but when exactly and where? And tickets???
thanks!!

Music

Bronze
Apr 19, 2002
www.flickr.com
Nice JimB looks like to had a blast wish I was there of course lucky you !!! :classic:

JimB said:
I must agree, I love his music and actually got a chance to meet him last Saturday at a concert at the Tropical Car Wash in Montellano.

Even got my photo taken with him!
normal_P6260028-sm.JPG

More photos of the concert are available at my online gallery
http://www.jimbullen.com/coppermine/thumbnails.php?album=21

JimB

Marianopolita

Dec 26, 2003
You will not need tickets...

Karina,

Aventura will be at the Merengue Festival on the weekend of July 23/24. There is a link in the forum just scroll down the list of threads. I think it's in Jeanne Mance Park this year but don't quote me on that I have not read through all the details yet. But the link is very good.

LDG.

karina said:
Lesley,
DO you have any info on Aventura coming to montreal??? I heard it is around the 20th of July, but when exactly and where? And tickets???
thanks!!

BrasdeLait

Mar 13, 2005
merengue festival is on Ile Ste. Helene where we have the Formula 1 race in Drapeau Park. they used this venue for the 1st time last year and i found it excellent. caribbean festival i think is this weekend for the jamaicans and trinnies etc. and they complained about them being forced to go there but i think they'll find it quite an improvement. at same time as merengue festival we will be hosting World Aquatic Championships next door so Bachata, Merengue should be heard in the background and get some world exposure!

snowbird44

Oct 29, 2004
Frank Reyes was absolutely super!

As usual, Frank Reyes did a great show in Montreal . I made the two hour trip with a friend of mine from Ottawa and of course we were not disappointed. He is just a great performer and his songs are going straight to your heart!
Of Course, Dominicans are the same, whether they are in the DR or abroad. The Show did not start until Midnight. Thus, we got back to our Motel at 4 AM.
My only beef is, that the local community did not really come out to support him. There were empty (reserved) tables, and as I was told by one of the band members, there were even less people there the night before.
So, will they ever come to Canada again? I hope so! But I think it has to be better organized and publized. The only way I knew about this was through Lesley D's post on this forum and we have a big Dominican community here in Ottawa and nobody knew about it. OK, maybe better next time, if there is one.
Love that Bachata,

Gabriele

Milagro02

Sep 29, 2004
Mixed Feelings

I went to see the show Saturday and like most people I found the club quite empty.. It's a shame.. I saw him back in March in Sosua and the place was packed. (unfortunatly had way too much Brugal so I don't remember the show.. long story) I thought I had a great opportunity to give it a second try... So here in Montreal the cost was double 40$ and frankly I thought it was too expensive for the show we got.. Don't get me wrong I love Frank Reyes, love his songs but sadly they don't give a show. They look like a local band. As for the marketing side of it.. Montreal was somewhat informed.. Local hispanic papers and the "almost" only latin radio show publicized the event.
Comparing the 2, between Montreal and Sosua, no doubt in my mind, the ambiance is a lot better down in DR.
I hope Merengue Fest will be less disapointing.. We plan on going both days.

Have a great summer here in Montreal with all the festivals !!

Marianopolita

Dec 26, 2003
My take on the show

First of all I have to say I had a great time but that's just me I know how to enjoy myself in an atmosphere that's home to me. I agree that the attendance was a lot less than expected given Frank Reyes' popularity but I attribute it to possible poor advertising and competition. Montreal is one best cities in North America in my opinion in terms of nightlife & entertainment. Competition is stiff regardless who is in town especially with another Dominican club about ten minutes away that always draws a huge crowd on a Saturday night.

I noticed the second set had more people than the first but regardless he was supported by those of us who were there. I think he put on good show and I agree the atmoshpere is the same whether in the DR or abroad. Frank Reyes has charisma on stage. I will support him again anytime!

When el Chasqui Latino publishes the after details of concert I will add the summary to the thread. I would love to hear Sr. Estofa's opinion since he sponsored the event. Rumor has it that there will be more upcoming concerts.

LDG.

Last edited:

karina

Nov 5, 2003
concert!

I have to agree... I feel I paid too much for the show we got.... 40$$ is too much money for the show. I had seen his concert last year in Jarabacoa and he played more songs. Here, it seemed he played a lot of pot-pourri, just the intros to many songs. Also, I thought it was weird that so many people just stood staring at him, rather than dancing....
However, I did get to go backstage (not really a backstage, more like the office of the manager, it was so messy!!!) and got Frank Reyes to autograph a picture I had taken with him last year in jarabacoa.

Overall, it was alright, I was glad to see himl, but I really thought it was expensive for the quality and length of the show

Milagro02

Sep 29, 2004
Rumor has it that there will be more upcoming concerts. LDG.[/QUOTE said:
Personaly I would love if he would do them at the "Medley". I've been to some shows over the years in diffrent places and so far, the Medley always turns out to be the best.. Every where you are in that club you have a great vue of the stage even if you got there late. The only problem is parking your car.. Downtown is not ideal but hey.. taxis exist.

my 2 cents
Milagro

Marianopolita

Dec 26, 2003
The Medley

I agree that the Medley would be a better venue although I have yet to go there but I heard that it's very spacious and suitable for concerts. The Monchy & Alexandra concert last month was at the Medley but that could be due to crowd expectation and the sponsor. Sr. Estofa I believe owns El Caballero Sport Club so if he sponsors an event it is logical to have the show at his own venue.

Parking in Montreal is a problem in general in my opinion so people are used to that besides the location of the Medley is right on the metro line so that should help in terms of getting there and then people could take a taxi home or whatever suits them.

I am on top of the upcoming events so if another great show is on the horizon I will definitely start a thread. Also the radio show 'La rumba du samedi' (89.3 FM) always advertises upcoming events as well 'el Chasqui Latino'. I think the sponsors have to do a better job at promoting concerts and not rely on word of mouth.

LDG.

Last edited:

Marianopolita

Dec 26, 2003
Concert summary by 'el Chasqui Latino'

http://www.elchasquilatino.com/noti_espectaculos/index.htm

** the link is only good for a few days if you want to see the pictures**. See article below.

----------------

As promised here is a summary of the Frank Reyes concert from 'el Chasqui Latino' (a local newspaper of the Latin community in Montreal). As per the commentary 'Frank Reyes said he felt good and was happy to visit Montreal which appears to be a beautiful city'.

Frank Reyes also commented that 'he would like to return to Montreal' and the cards are already on the table for another visit in the future. (Sounds good to me).

-----------------

FRANK REYES EN MONTREAL- Por Patricio Ch?vez M.- 9 de Julio de 2005

Con mucha alegr?a musical el Caballero Sport Club se visti? con los colores de la Rep. Dominicana para la presentaci?n del ?Caballero de la Bachata? Frank Reyes, en dos exclusivas presentaciones en el ?Caballero Sport Club? donde los deportes y la m?sica son el poder de la comunidad latina de Montreal. Frank se present? el d?a viernes, casi en una presentaci?n familiar m?s de 100 fan?ticos pudieron disfrutar de las canciones de Frank Reyes.

Dia s?bado fue una excelente noche, la misma que para Frank Reyes personalmente se sinti? muy halagado por la presencia de miembros de las comunidades latinas y quebequense que se dieron cita esta noche. Frank Reyes nos coment? que se sent?a muy bien y contento de visitar Montreal le pareci? una hermosa ciudad.

El p?blico esta noche se dio cita al Caballero Sport Club, y escuch? en pleno ambiente de fiesta canciones de Frank Reyes que fueron coreadas por la mayor?a de simp?ticas damitas que se apoderaron de la parte principal del escenario y admirar a su ?dolo.

En los dos musicales no fueron suficientes para Frank para poder ofrecer todas canciones: Quien eres tu, Maldito orgullo, D?jame entrar en ti, Se Acabo, Como llora el Alma, Con el amor no se juega, Delirio, Se fue mi amor Bonito, Nada de Nada, por nombrar algunos temas.
El p?blico que derram? hasta la gota fr?a (de sudor) tras escuchar las canciones porque el ambiente estaba caliente y sabrosa para gozar con la animaci?n de CoCo Colombia como siempre con la mejor m?sica latina del momento.

Frank Reyes me dijo que le gustar?a mucho regresar as? que ya est?n las cartas sobre la mesa para preparar otra presentaci?n exclusiva para los amantes de la bachata y de los temas de Frank Reyes.

--------------

LDG.

Last edited: