Fishing near Sosua

Status
Not open for further replies.

ruary

Jun 15, 2005
Hi, I'm looking into booking my first trip to the DR but before I do I was hoping somone could help me. :nervous:

I'm looking at going to Sosua and I would like to take me fishing gear with me, however, I was wondering what the rules are for fishing from the shore in the DR. Will I be allowed to fish from the shore? What are the best times of year for fishing? Are charter boats easiuly available?

Can anyone Help?

With thanks in advance

Ruary :)

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
Dont know about fishing from shore but Pablo runs a fishing boat from the Beach and he has the first stall once you walk down the stairs on the left.

If you did a search here for Pablo + fishing it would probably come up here.

Escott

pas

Jun 7, 2004
ruary said:
Hi, I'm looking into booking my first trip to the DR but before I do I was hoping somone could help me. :nervous:

I'm looking at going to Sosua and I would like to take me fishing gear with me, however, I was wondering what the rules are for fishing from the shore in the DR. Will I be allowed to fish from the shore? What are the best times of year for fishing? Are charter boats easiuly available?

Can anyone Help?

With thanks in advance

Ruary :)

hello..

well there is also a dutch men on the local beach...
he has his own boat...
he works at the holland duikcentrum..
his name is hein dijsseldonk..
http://www.nosnowsosua.com/interest.htm

have fun
pascal

andrea9k

Apr 17, 2004
I'm "andrea9k's" boyfriend "pescador" posting on her name

Go ahead and bring your gear. First time i came to fish here I asked the folks at the airport. I think it was the turist info desk. They said something like "?license, what license, you don't need no license? !you don't have to show anyone any stink'n license!! Well something to that effect.

I fished near samana beside Casa Marina Bay resort off some rocks. I got into a school of some type of Jack and couldn't keep 'em off my hook.

I didn't bring any lures and couldn't find much at the stores so I made some up with greenish yellow rubber worms and small jig heads with yellow skirts and red/white skirts I found in a hardware store in Santo Dom.. They freak'n hammered on those things. The guys working around the resort laughed at me telling me i was'nt going to catch anything with that. So i gave one of the guys 2 of the fish as i passed him by.

So bring a colage of "rubbers", maybe some meps spinners, and some surf fishing rigs for bait fishing on the bottom. You can find some squid in the super markets or shrimp.

And of course your regular tackle. also steel leaders

There are some sort of rock bass that love the meps type spinners. Theyve got some nasty teeth, so besure to have your long nose plyers with you and a water proof camera.

"pescador"

Status
Not open for further replies.