Fishing in Punta Cana

crappies23

Jun 8, 2004
Does anyone know of any charter boats in Punta Cana that we can go deep sea fishing for bottom fish such as grouper?

ggn420

Brain Doner
Apr 21, 2005
Fishing

crappies23 said:
Does anyone know of any charter boats in Punta Cana that we can go deep sea fishing for bottom fish such as grouper?
Have gone out several times, your hotel will make reservations for you, if not there are guys all over the beach that work for different tour agencies, look for red or blue shirts. When we go, it's for marlin.sail dorado.etc. Have not seen any bottom fishing boats, but I'm sure they are available also. Be prepared when you go out(if you get sea-sick) the water going out(mona passage)is wicked and I mean wicked on a good day. The perfect storm. Why do you think that so many DRs drown on the way over to PR It is 80 miles across, you fish half way across, or about 40 miles out. It's a haul. The boat will run north/south once you get there. The water is not bad once your out there. Good luck and good fishing....You always catch fish!!! .

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
Mike Evans have one of the biggest fishingcompanies in Punta Cana, "Gone Fishing". Go to www.caribbeanoceanadventures.com and click Punta Cana.
There you also, once on the fishing page, will find a link to fishing calendar and what you may catch depending on time of the year.
Departures every day, for both individuals and groups.
Really cool!

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Bottom fishing Dominican republic

tere's no buttom fishing with clients in the area. the only boats for buttom fishing are small 'jollas', some fiber,mostly wooden, 15-23 ft long, 15-40 Hp outborder, going out over night.
the only fishing for the local waters is offshore fast trolling, winter/springtime for dorado, wahoo and sailfish(sail stops mid january), mid april ahead for white marlin, the best time of the year, top of the heat whole may and june, followed bu blue marlin season til end september, the dorados are back in big schools before the blue marlin stops, so all around the year good chances for big ones.
if you need more info contact me with a post right here on this forum, i am happy to answer any questions, i am a skipper myself 11 years for the local waters in punta cana, but not allowed to put my mail or web contact on that forum, idon't know why others like on this forum can do this, but mine been deleted.
good luck and have fun in our beautiful country
Mike

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
MikeFisher said:
if you need more info contact me with a post right here on this forum, i am happy to answer any questions, i am a skipper myself 11 years for the local waters in punta cana, but not allowed to put my mail or web contact on that forum, idon't know why others like on this forum can do this, but mine been deleted.Mike

As I explained very clearly in my PM I sent you last week, you are not allowed to spam the forums with your website, email address etc "trawling" for business.

We have paying advertisers and I go out of my to protect them.
If you would like details about advertisng on DR1, PM or email me.

FYI: Caribbean Ocean Adventures are paying advertisers.
http://www.dr1.com/directories/tours/ocean_adventures.shtml