Cuerno

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
In Italian we have a few different ways to use the word corno (horn) other than the literal meaning.

How is the word "cuerno" used in Spanish other than the literal meaning? ;)

May 31, 2005
When someone is unfaithful to you we say "te pegaron los cuernos".
If you are going to be the unfaithful one than you are going to "pegar cuernos".

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Thank you so that one is the same.

What about in the good luck sense or to go against evil? :nervous:

May 31, 2005
I have actually not heard of cuernos regarding good luck or warding off evils. Is that why that necklace with a horn pendant is so popular nowadays?

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Yes, some think it's a pepper :laugh: but it's a horn to ward off evil. :cross-eye.

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
todas, no se salva ninguna...

...son cueros o cuerneras.

Every morning, in front of the mirror, I check my forehead for horny growths or protrusions, and when I'm in doubt, I wear a beret slung low over my forehead to hide the possibility... :cry:

May 31, 2005
Mirador said:
...son cueros o cuerneras.

Every morning, in front of the mirror, I check my forehead for horny growths or protrusions, and when I'm in doubt, I wear a beret slung low over my forehead to hide the possibility... :cry:
LOL please. I don't know if I should laugh or cry.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
The symbol of the horns, representing a cuckold, is an ancient tradition which endures in Spain ('cabron' - great big goat) as well as Italy and elsewhere around the Mediterranean and was brought over to Latin America by the Spanish.

The good luck symbol of horns to ward off the evil eye is not such a Spanish thing. I think it's more prevalent on Anna's side of the Med - Italy, Sicily, Malta and eastwards.

ZEUS

Bronze
Feb 14, 2003
Drangon. be carefull

Be careful when you walk the streets of Dr. Not to get your the Horns tangled-up with the lighting wires.. :eek:

zeus.. Horny, but no horns :bandit:

Talldrink

El Mujeron
Jan 7, 2004
ZEUS said:
... zeus.. Horny, but no horns :bandit:

That you know of!! Las mujeres Dominicanas aparentan que si le ponen muchos los cuernos, pero lo bueno del caso es que ellas son muy discretas... :bandit:

May 31, 2005
ZEUS said:
Be careful when you walk the streets of Dr. Not to get your the Horns tangled-up with the lighting wires.. :eek:

zeus.. Horny, but no horns :bandit:
I don't have any horns Zeus. I don't have a boyfriend at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.