Horny?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Talldrink

El Mujeron
Jan 7, 2004
Morena76 said:
How do you say "I am horny?" ;)

There's no literal word to say I'm horny in Spanish (horny is slang). You can say:

Estoy caliente, veyaca, tengo un queso, tengo ganas de...
(Veyaca means different things for Dominicans and Puertoricans)

Also, since the phrase 'booty call' implies that someone is horny, when you call someone and the first thing you say is the following, then you are telling them that you are horny as well: "ven a buscarme" "vamos a dar una vuelta"

stewart

Mar 1, 2004
Talldrink said:
There's no literal word to say I'm horny in Spanish (horny is slang). You can say:

Also, since the phrase 'booty call' implies that someone is horny, when you call someone and the first thing you say is the following, then you are telling them that you are horny as well: "ven a buscarme" "vamos a dar una vuelta"

Actually, you can say "estoy recho".

xamaicano

Apr 16, 2004
Is arrecho used in the DR?

Talldrink said:

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Depends!!

It all depends on the person's class and the person that you are trying to tell it to.

This is just my opinion:

If the person is a tiguere and has no class, he may say something like: "oye mami, tengo ganas de rapar(sorry to be so blunt)". And lets not forget the lowlive''s favorite: "sing**.

If the person is classy and really know how to treat a lady, he may say something like: " me gustaria hacerte el amor" or "tengo deseos de estar contigo".

When I was younger, I used the corniest line ever, I would say "mi amor, tu cuerpo es mi templo y quisiera descubir cada pulgada de el". How pathetic, although it worked all the time, hehe!. I guess that they were VERY desperate, hehe!!.

Last edited:

An Evil

Aug 11, 2003
In other latin american countries they use the terms "cachondo/cachonda". Since "cachos" is a vernacular term for horns, there is an obvious relation. Most people in the DR wouldn't have heard of it, though.

M

Mr.Mark

"Cachondo" is the word

Morena76 said:
How do you say "I am horny?" ;)

The closest to the meaning of the original english phrase you can get is by using "Yo estoy cachondo/a"

"Cachondo" is not a slang word. You could say is a fine word. However, most people who are "cachonda" use to communicate that with slang and bad words. So maybe "Yo estoy recho/a" could be more useful or if you want to say explicitly that you want to have sex, you can say "Quiero sing*r".

"Cachondo" is practically not used amongst Dominicans (I'm Dominican). I hope this helps.

mofi

Feb 9, 2005
I have heard cachondo before but not in DR. and also commonly used is the verb coger, but then again this depends on the country.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Cachondo in my part of the world at least also means 'funny'. Cachondeo is 'fun'. There is a club/bar in Santo Domingo with that name, and I was surprised to see it because I've never heard anyone using that word - in either sense - here.

juancarlos

Bronze
Sep 28, 2003
I think that if in any part of the Spanish speaking world someone declares: Estoy caliente, it will be understood that you are horny, really horny. In the mood for it.

So, English speaking people who are used to saying "I am hot in English", please do not do a literal translation of that phrase into Spanish if what you mean is that you are warm, that the weather is hot. In that case you should always say: Tengo calor!

Status
Not open for further replies.