best way to get from Bonao to Samana (Las Terrenas)

sorriso

Apr 8, 2005
I would like to know the easiest and cheapest way to get from Bonao to Las Terrenas via public transportation. For example, is there Caribe tours route from Santiago or it is better to go from Santo Domingo...

I live in Bonao but would like to visit other places.

Thanks
Sorriso

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
sorriso said:
I would like to know the easiest and cheapest way to get from Bonao to Las Terrenas via public transportation. For example, is there Caribe tours route from Santiago or it is better to go from Santo Domingo...

Thanks
Sorriso

Would suggest you scout around the bus companies serving Bonao. There should be bus terminals for small companies -- such as the intercity buses and find out where the buses travel to. Caribe Tours nor Metro serve Bonao.

ggn420

Brain Doner
Apr 21, 2005
sorriso said:

Thanks
Sorriso
Check with Aero Domca, They fly into the little airport in Las Terrenas from either SDQ or STI. They have daily flights, and are from 50-75US one way, this gets you there the quickest, and if you compare, it's probably cheaper in the long run.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Let's see now>>>>>

If you can get from Bonao to San Francisco de Macoria, there are two-a-day Metro buses to Samana. You get off in S?nchez and there will be transporters waiting there to take you to Las Terrenas..

Or you could leave really early in the morning and catch one of the four buses leaving Santiago for Sanchez and Samana....

Or you could leave real early and go to the metro Station in Santo Domingo and get the Samana bus there.

HB :D:D

rafael

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
www.dr-tourist.tv
How early and where?

I will be in STI the weekend of the 15th and am thinking about heading to Samana or Jarabacoa to shoot some video. I would be traveling with a friend from santiago but she said the bus to samana takes 6 hours. That can't be? I think she went on a trip with the university but they might have went via puerto plata, making the trip longer?

What company has buses from STI to Samana, how many per day, where is the parada etc etc etc?

Muchas Gracias!!!

ggn420

Brain Doner
Apr 21, 2005
rafael said:
I will be in STI the weekend of the 15th and am thinking about heading to Samana or Jarabacoa to shoot some video. I would be traveling with a friend from santiago but she said the bus to samana takes 6 hours. That can't be? I think she went on a trip with the university but they might have went via puerto plata, making the trip longer?

What company has buses from STI to Samana, how many per day, where is the parada etc etc etc?

Muchas Gracias!!!
Read the previous posts

rafael

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
www.dr-tourist.tv
ggn420 said:
Read the previous posts

I did read the previous posts.

Hillbilly posted "Or you could leave really early in the morning and catch one of the four buses leaving Santiago for Sanchez and Samana...."

I was asking how early the bus leaves STI, and which company serves that route. Am I stupid and I missed where that info has been posted before?

ggn420

Brain Doner
Apr 21, 2005
rafael said:
I did read the previous posts.

Hillbilly posted "Or you could leave really early in the morning and catch one of the four buses leaving Santiago for Sanchez and Samana...."

I was asking how early the bus leaves STI, and which company serves that route. Am I stupid and I missed where that info has been posted before?
The start to this thread was requesting information fromSorriso on travel from Banao to Las Terrenas, you are looking for information on STI to Samana. We have two inquires for the same thread.....somehow.
Bonao to Las Terrenas...Banao is close to PUJ. It would be quicker to fly from PUJ to the little airport in Las Terrenas, about 90US.orrrrr if you want to take the bus, I'm sure there is transportation (rt104)north. You also have the option of the ferry from Sabana de la Mar. I am not sure on the cost or schedule. If you don't take the ferry, you have a LONG way to go, Los Haitises National Park is one BIG obstacle in your way. I would fly, you have to go via SDQ to get there but you'll be there in a couple of hours.

Nowwww if your going to Samana from STI, first, the town of Samana or the peninsula of Samana...makes a BIG difference. Some people will tell you to take the bus. If you have all day to get there, that is not a problem. I beleive the Caribe tours out of STI do this from what I have seen others post. If you are going to the north, Las Terrenas, you are better off to fly. It is cheap and under an hour.If you are going to the town of Samana, you have to go from Las Terrenas via pick-up truck on a long and windy road to Sanchez. From there you go via taxi to Samana.
Hope this information is of help to BOTH of you...

NINO

Jan 5, 2002
You can take a publiccar in front of the scotiabank in bonao,let them drop you off at the parada to san fransisco in, san fransisco you take the caribe tours to sanchez ,then in sanchez go to the parada at the hill of the mountain and take a van to LT.
I know there is a direct line from Santo Domingo to Las Terrenas and they also pick up people on the way,but that will be the fasted way on your way back to Bonao again,you can take this bus in Las terrenas 2 times a day then you will get out at piedra blanca and take a car to bonao.
In Las Terrenas check INDIA CANELA they rent out cabanas for low price,its at the beginning of the town across the parada.

ggn420

Brain Doner
Apr 21, 2005
NINO said:
You can take a publiccar in front of the scotiabank in bonao,let them drop you off at the parada to san fransisco in, san fransisco you take the caribe tours to sanchez ,then in sanchez go to the parada at the hill of the mountain and take a van to LT.
I know there is a direct line from Santo Domingo to Las Terrenas and they also pick up people on the way,but that will be the fasted way on your way back to Bonao again,you can take this bus in Las terrenas 2 times a day then you will get out at piedra blanca and take a car to bonao.
In Las Terrenas check INDIA CANELA they rent out cabanas for low price,its at the beginning of the town across the parada.
Do you know how far it is from Banao to Las Terrenas? You have to go a zillion miles out of your way,west to go north, because of the National Park. I would be interested to know "how long" this combination of transportation takes? 2 times a day or 2 days to get there. He is a SHORT distance from PUJ, I't a matter of how much he wants to spend and how long he wants to take to get there.

NINO

Jan 5, 2002
This is the fastest way from Bonao to LT,I know have done it myself lots of times.It will take bout 3 to 4 hours of travel.
Of course you can take a cab cost bout 3000 pesos.

ggn420

Brain Doner
Apr 21, 2005
NINO said:
This is the fastest way from Bonao to LT,I know have done it myself lots of times.It will take bout 3 to 4 hours of travel.
Of course you can take a cab cost bout 3000 pesos.
If he takes 104 to Samana de la Mar, he can take the ferry across, 3 times a day, and 1 hour. I think this is much closer for him than going around.

NINO

Jan 5, 2002
Hmmm I never took that route,the problem really is to get out of Bonao
" and i ve been trying for 5 years now LOL" but that will be the most time
consuming.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
GGN you are so freaking wrong it hurts

First off Bonao is much closer that you have even imagined.
SFM is a short hop skip and a jump and the Caribe Tours and Metro buses are certainly punctual and quick.

Some of what you are suggesting is hilariously funny because it is way, way off the mark. Perhaps you might get a map of the DR and look at what you ar asking...

If going to Las Terrenas, then the person gets off the bus in S?nchez and takes a local to LT. It's as simple as that.

HB :D:D:D

ggn420

Brain Doner
Apr 21, 2005
Hillbilly said:
First off Bonao is much closer that you have even imagined.
SFM is a short hop skip and a jump and the Caribe Tours and Metro buses are certainly punctual and quick.

Some of what you are suggesting is hilariously funny because it is way, way off the mark. Perhaps you might get a map of the DR and look at what you ar asking...

If going to Las Terrenas, then the person gets off the bus in S?nchez and takes a local to LT. It's as simple as that.

Are we talking about the same Banao? Is there more than one? The Banao I,m talking about is on Rt.104, 40km north of Higuey.
Samana de la Mar is one third the distance than SFM from Banao.

ggn420

Brain Doner
Apr 21, 2005

ggn420

Brain Doner
Apr 21, 2005
Hillbilly said:
Click here to see how to get from Santiago to Saman?

http://www.dr1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38678&highlight=buses+Santiago+Samana

These buses take between 3 1/2 and 4 hours to make the trip. It is over 125 kilometers.
No Caribe tours or Metro buses go from STI to Samana. Only TransportePEPE goes out 1 bus a day at 1:15. Caribe and Metro do POP to Samana. I only know of one Banao, it is nowhere near SFM or Las Terrenas.Check >www.samana.net/bus-lines.html

NINO

Jan 5, 2002
DUDE, BONAO is in the provence of monsenor nouel ,35 km south of LA VEGA
and bout 80 km of SANTO DOMINGO