Quebec Immigration Wait

BrasdeLait

Mar 13, 2005
Would someone who has gone through it pleas tell me what the approximate time frame is from the time one receives Quebec Immigration Selection approval and the time to when the Canadian Embassy in Santo Domingo receives from the Canadian Embassy in Port-au-Prince the actual visa and the call comes in to bring one's passport to the Santo Domingo Embassy? Weeks, months?

Melissa

Apr 10, 2002
It took my husband for the full process to be finished about 6 monthes with much persistance. I do not think that the persistance helped but just the time of year did. He was one of the first visas to be issued for 2005. He is now here in Montreal doing really well.
Good Luck.

BrasdeLait

Mar 13, 2005
Melissa said:
It took my husband for the full process to be finished about 6 monthes with much persistance. I do not think that the persistance helped but just the time of year did. He was one of the first visas to be issued for 2005. He is now here in Montreal doing really well.
Good Luck.

by the "full process" do you mean having already received the approved selection letter from immigration quebec it then took you another 6 months for the embassy in santo domingo to contact your husband to give him the physical visa or do you mean 6 months after you submitted the immigration application to canada immigration he received his actual visa from the embassy in santo domingo?